Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Could you actually use your sidearm in a situation?

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Ummm.... I wasnt the one who thought he was being accused of something.... Take your own pills.
    Really?
    Always conflict with you isn't it?
    Temperament. Not sure you have it

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Really?
    Always conflict with you isn't it?
    Temperament. Not sure you have it
    Oh, man. Let it go.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    But that isn't what you link showed. What it shows was a selection of cases, by a pro-gun news source, where the shooter wasn't charged. What it lacks is all the cases where one WAS charged. That info is not available in your link.

Yeah, I gotta go to bed too (:
    It showed a bunch of people in the last month that weren't charged. Check CNN for cases where they were. I'm backing my statements up with something anyway not just making sweeping statements based on Internet myths

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    But that isn't what you link showed. What it shows was a selection of cases, by a pro-gun news source, where the shooter wasn't charged. What it lacks is all the cases where one WAS charged. That info is not available in your link.

Yeah, I gotta go to bed too (:
    The fourth branch of government working for it's friends in the other branches.... who pay them the most. Your state may vary.
    Last edited by FJW; March 14th, 2017 at 12:24 AM.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Drew, fortunately he didn't force me to pull the trigger. Pointing at his feet didn't stop him, bringing it up to his chest did.
    More truth about the continuum of force being the right course of action, rather than a binary decision.
    Some advocate incorrectly that you should only draw if you are going to shoot.

Justin's experience reveals the truth again, HAVING THE GUN AND DISPLAYING THE WILLINGNESS TO USE IT IS MANY TIMES ENOUGH TO STOP THE THREAT.

This gives lie to the stupid lyrics in Lynrd Syknrd's "Saturday Night Special".
    " handguns are made for killing, they ain't no good for nothin' else." is BS. Handguns are civilization.

Handguns equalize the social value scale. The biggest guy in the room has no more value than the smallest grandma, and her handgun ensures that he better not try to impose his will on her.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Chester County)

I don't see the connection to defending yourself with your firearm and dispatching a wounded animal. Those are two completely different scenarios and have no relation to one another. Animals are animals and people are people. I've shot and killed plenty of animals. Sometimes I've had to put a finishing shot into them. More than a few I've even had to wring the necks of geese that have suddenly come back to life once you get them back into the blind. Putting a finishing shot into an attacker would be something you'd go to jail for. You use your defensive firearm to stop the attack, period. Those police the OP mentioned need to turn in their badge and guns if they can't discern between human and animal.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Jeff Cooper on Mindset

The idea of having a home defense gun(s) comes from a particular mindset. That mindset is one along the lines of that one must be ready to take lethal action in order to protect oneself and one's family.

Jeff Cooper is known as the father of the “Modern Technique” of handgun shooting. Besides weapons and shooting, Cooper was a huge proponent of having a proper mindset.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    The idea of having a home defense gun(s) comes from a particular mindset. That mindset is one along the lines of that one must be ready to take lethal action in order to protect oneself and one's family.
    Training and forethought are a good combination. However, self preservation doesn't need to be taught, it's instinctive in all animals. Just like an animal in the wild will fight to the death to protect her young... so will most humans... no firearm need be present.
    Last edited by JAKIII; March 14th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Training and forethought are a good combination. However, self preservation doesn't need to be taugh, it's instinctive in all animals. Just like an animal in the wild will fight to the death to protect her young... so will most humans... no firearm need be present.
    I read something the other day about some group of Japanese during WW2 that did an experiment on a new mother and her infant daughter in a gas chamber to test the bond between mother and child. Turned out the other did everything she could to protect the child from the gas.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    I read something the other day about some group of Japanese during WW2 that did an experiment on a new mother and her infant daughter in a gas chamber to test the bond between mother and child. Turned out the other did everything she could to protect the child from the gas.
    like this? creepy as hell but fake
    http://www.creepypasta.com/tag/the-r...ep-experiment/
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112