Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Gettysburg Trading Post

Went here today for the first time looking to take a look at the 3 Garands they had in stock. The firearm section of the store was pretty packed and we were joking with the guy behind the counter that the small firearm section was clearly the most popular section in the store (saw a few deals on other things but I wasn't shopping for other stuff today).
    Anyway, I went in there mostly just to take a look because their listed prices online were a little higher than I was willing to shell out (almost $1.5K for the CMP springfields). After taking a look at all 3, I was surprised to hear the guy ask which one I was most interested in, ignoring the prices and he would see what he could do for me. Maybe I didn't get the greatest deal out there (I KNOW I paid more than a field grade direct from CMP) but I got a deal that I was comfortable with and it didn't take a lot of back and forth to get there--he claimed they'd been sitting there for a while but maybe it was my clear desire to own one but limited funds and some understanding/pity on his part...who knows? Whatever the reason, I had an extremely pleasant interaction with every single employee I spoke to, I got something I really wanted at a price I felt I could afford and they just gained a very happy customer who will return in the future. Based on today's experience, I highly recommend this store.
    Last edited by theCreature8; March 12th, 2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Add CMP price aside

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gettysburg Trading Post

Great gun too! Got an address?

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Great gun too! Got an address?
    1895 York Rd in Gettysburg. Google maps seems to have it listed as "Lincoln Trading Post" still but they changed the name at some point.

(Chester County)

So, the muzzle and throat erosion measured out at what? Maybe a quarter of a dime or three quarters?

While the wife does't usually allow me to do this, some stuff sounds like keepers, the rest, firewood.
    - bamboomaster

(Adams County)

Muzzle was +1 and throat was +4 on the one I purchased, if I'm remembering correctly. The barrel is a (slightly) newer '46 for the early '43 Springfield receiver. I did not check the attached CMP tag on the other Springfield because the stock was a little more beat up than I would have liked so I didn't spend a lot of time on it (still looked worthy of ownership, just not nearly as good IMO). The HRA I don't think was from the CMP so I don't remember there being a tag with the readings on it. I didn't ask but they might have a gauge in the shop?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by theCreature8 View Post
    Muzzle was +1 and throat was +4 on the one I purchased, if I'm remembering correctly. The barrel is a (slightly) newer '46 for the early '43 Springfield receiver. I did not check the attached CMP tag on the other Springfield because the stock was a little more beat up than I would have liked so I didn't spend a lot of time on it (still looked worthy of ownership, just not nearly as good IMO). The HRA I don't think was from the CMP so I don't remember there being a tag with the readings on it. I didn't ask but they might have a gauge in the shop?
    You're really going to enjoy this rifle. Congratulations on a nice find - and thanks for sharing the good news with us.
    - bamboomaster

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    You're really going to enjoy this rifle. Congratulations on a nice find - and thanks for sharing the good news with us.
    Thank you! I can't wait to take it out to the range and see how she does

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by theCreature8 View Post
    1895 York Rd in Gettysburg. Google maps seems to have it listed as "Lincoln Trading Post" still but they changed the name at some point.
    I'm sorry. I lied. (and for the double post).

Their new address as listed on the website is: 2222 York Road, Gettysburg PA 17325 http://gettysburgtradingpost.com/Home.aspx