Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Angry Walmart in greensburg is a no go

Friday night me and my better half went out to dinner and did a little shopping. First was the hibachi restaurant followed by home depot and lowes. Up to this point i had concealed partially at dinner. With nothing but tshirt and jeans there isn't a easy way to conceal the glock 20 10mm that rides my right hip. when we left the restaurant i uncovered and it was off to home depot and lowes. No problems up to this point in the evening.
    we stop by walmart cause she tells me we need a couple things for the munchkin. We walk in the store and walk around the store for about an hour, we end by the pets department and i decide to check out new collars for my Sheppard pup thats at home. A walmart associate walks in the isle while im looking at collars looks dead at my glock does an about face after his eyes bug out of his head and leaves the isle with a purpose. We all know what that purpose was, to inform the manager that there was a gun in the store. i pick out his collar and we walk towards the front of the store, she goes to look at clothes real quick and i head to the magazine area.
    after about 5 minutes there's two managers hovering over me. one speaks to me the other is just standing there with a radio in his hand not saying anything. I was informed that i needed to leave the store or take my gun to my car and then i could return. I question the manager about this since there is no corporate policy against firearms and am told that there were customer and employee complaints and they were concerned about safety. so i walk to my better half give her and my two year old daughter a kiss and head for the car. I'm a real big safety hazard i guess when i never touched drew or fired my glock, and brought my two year old daughter with me in the store. up to this point im not really upset or anything kinda cared less. I was within my legal rights by openly carrying and he was within by asking me to leave, no big deal.
    My better half gets out to the car a few minutes later. Here is when the Jarhead in me came out. I was informed that after my exit 3 employees hovered over my better half and daughter till they left, and 1 went as far to approach her and start asking all sorts of question like why does he carry, does he know he has to be licensed, shouldn't he be smart enough to know he cant carry in the open like that. she responded with he is licensed to carry as am i, and no you don't need one if it is the open, and he carry's for the same reason i do which is none of your damn business. upon hearing this i hand her my glock and reenter the store and get the same manager that confronted me back in front of me. I informed him of what happened and what was said. I explained to him i wasn't ticked at him personally but at the ones who harassed her, and that i would be contacting the district manager, and if there is ever the slightest little problem in his store or any other walmarts for that matter that i would be contacting my attorney. He apologized for what happened and said that he would take care of the incident with the appropriate disciplinary action.
    Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race! Chesty Puller

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Walmart in greensburg is a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Child View Post
    I question the manager about this since there is no corporate policy against firearms and am told that there were customer and employee complaints and they were concerned about safety.
    I think I might have replied "I'm concerned about safety too. That's why I carry this."

(York County)

Good show man, I'd have gone right back in there as well after hearing that my wife and daughter were stalked like that. I hate when people try to tell you whats legal and what is not. I guess they did not tell you that it was illegal, just asked you to leave, which they can do I gues, but then to harass your wife and daughter is over the line.

Dave
    3%

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    I think I might have replied "I'm concerned about safety too. That's why I carry this."
    Rep sent for that one!

I think you handled it about as well as you could have. Sorry to hear about the way they treated your other half. I do hope you follow through with the letter. These people need a message. I mean, after what happened in one of their OWN parking lots (I don't care what location it was) they are the last ones who should be telling people not to carry!

(Pike County)

Ya did OK.

Sounds like you did all the right things. If it were me, I would follow up in a day or two asking the manager exactly what was done and to whom. If he gives you any crap about employee privacy and not discussing personnel matters, take it to the district manager and give him or her a very detailed complaint about how your WIFE was harassed after you left the store. Make sure the store manager knows you are going to do that. He may be afraid to call you on it.

It is one thing to tell people they can't carry on private property. It is another thing entirely to badger people who were not involved, especially ganging up on women and children. Apparently these people weren't too afraid of your gun, or they wouldn't have had the testicular fortitude to pick on your wife.

(Venango County)

It is a shame that they disarmed your family (you going to the car) and then harassed them.

I am glad your wife let them know she was armed or at least licensed. That should make them think twice about harassing apparently defenseless people.

I would have placed the items on the floor immediately and all walked out together. (nearest shelf if you think the manager won't pick it up immediately)

Not only do they lose your money, but they have to return items. Hey, you had to leave immediately, right?

Good job and keep up with writing and complaining. Get it all down in one good proof-read letter and use it as reference.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

I think you handled it incorrectly by continuing to shop there (thru your family members).

You have reinforced that manager's perception that he can eject gun carriers without loss of sales and without complaints to regional and corporate management. Exactly the wrong message.

You should have left your cart there and told the manager he will hear about this again and until this is corrected you will shop elsewhere.

(Monroe County)

The joys of morons in power.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think you handled it incorrectly by continuing to shop there (thru your family members).

You have reinforced that manager's perception that he can eject gun carriers without loss of sales and without complaints to regional and corporate management. Exactly the wrong message.

You should have left your cart there and told the manager he will hear about this again and until this is corrected you will shop elsewhere.
    Sometimes, WalMart is the only option when you need something (Say, any time after 10PM, when almost everything else but the bars are closed in a small town.) and it's a bigger loss to you than to la causa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast