Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Drunk passenger accidentally shoots Uber driver in Upper Saucon

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You pretty much get what you deserve when you carry a gun that is not in a proper holster
    Sorry, but the driver got it, not the drunk moron.
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

I saw a story on line recently about a recent law school grad making extra money driving for Uber who got pulled over because his passenger had just come from a known drug house. The driver started recording video with his phone and the cops got pissed off at him when he refused to stop. They threatened him and then demanded to search his vehicle. When he refused, they got a K-9 which magically alerted giving them the legal right search the vehicle without a warrant. I think this law is bullshit, easily abused and unconstitutional. Regardless, something to think about if you're an Uber or Lyft driver...you never know who is in you car or what they might leave behind that could really screw you over if you're ever pulled over and consent to a search or a k-9 "alerts" on your vehicle.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    No, screwing with the gun was the bad idea. Intoxicated or not.

Could have just as easily happened with a sober dimwit too.
    Yup, i will also add this i bet it was a striker fired pistol and he wasn't carrying in a proper holster or more likely no holster at all. This guy was an idiot on several levels, hopefully he losses his permit/gun, some may not agree but this was 100% avoidable.
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I saw a story on line recently about a recent law school grad making extra money driving for Uber who got pulled over because his passenger had just come from a known drug house. The driver started recording video with his phone and the cops got pissed off at him when he refused to stop. They threatened him and then demanded to search his vehicle. When he refused, they got a K-9 which magically alerted giving them the legal right search the vehicle without a warrant. I think this law is bullshit, easily abused and unconstitutional. Regardless, something to think about if you're an Uber or Lyft driver...you never know who is in you car or what they might leave behind that could really screw you over if you're ever pulled over and consent to a search or a k-9 "alerts" on your vehicle.
    Exactly! At the end of the day... many of us citizens know if a cop wants to phuck with ya' and gain access into your vehicle then you are screwed. If per chance it can be illustrated with evidence that the L.E.O. violated a citizens 4th and 5th... the damage has already done to the citizen.

Anywho....... I recall as a kid in the city there were all sorts of gypsy drivers running the 5 boro's and Yonkers . . There was this one driver that was a true thug. It was rumored that if you gave 'em trouble it may be your last act. Alas! Those days are long forgotten.

Now we have Lyft, Uber and Craigslist rideshare. Progress, I suppose.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Northampton County)

Does the jerk even have a license to carry? If he does, this is the kind of gun owner/ illegal owner, that makes gun owners look bad, and this is why places like Starfucks or Panera don't want guns in their places. I wonder if the jerk that shot himself in the foot a few months ago in a Hanover Township hotel had a license.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/poli...203-story.html

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CB57 View Post
    Does the jerk even have a license to carry? If he does, this is the kind of gun owner/ illegal owner, that makes gun owners look bad, and this is why places like Starfucks or Panera don't want guns in their places. I wonder if the look that shot himself in the foot a few months ago in a Hanover Township hotel had a license.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/poli...203-story.html
    Did you bother to read the article i posted? Or even the article that you posted? The question you ask is answered in BOTH articles.
    Last edited by CartBone69; March 12th, 2017 at 01:49 PM.
    IANAL

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Ironically , some Rep. from Philly has a bill in the works making it illegal to carry a gun while intoxicated.

200th District State Rep. Chris Rabb; ''I am introducing shortly (previously House Bill 2378) that would make it illegal to carry a firearm while intoxicated.''
    Wasnt there a law already passed and put in place here in PA last year making it illegal to carry with a BAC over .08, same as driving?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post

The story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.385186340664

A full time criminal defense lawyer/part time Uber driver, I wonder if he charges his clients if he drives them to or from the courthouse ?

(Chester County)

Yup, it can never be the alcohol that's the problem.

There will always be those that will never be responsible adults and will be a problem to themselves and their families because they will never know their own limitations.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Cambria County)

RE: the original story...

They (we) need to burn the individual idiot. Folks will try to pass laws to prevent this kind of nonsense, but that will ultimately punish all of us. It is in our interest to make an example of holding free people accountable when they do bad things. He was free to drink and carry, he abused that liberty, and should be made an example of.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast