Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Drunk passenger accidentally shoots Uber driver in Upper Saucon

IANAL

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Drunk passenger accidentally shoots Uber driver in Upper Saucon

I don't know what the upper saucon is but if you take a bullet in it I hope it isn't life threatening!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Juniata County)

river for the Uber ride-sharing service was shot in the back by a drunken passenger early Sunday on Interstate 78 in Upper Saucon Township, police said.

Stefan E. Zdanowicz, 24, of Bethlehem, a back seat passenger, was moving his 9mm pistol from one jacket pocket to another at 12:20 a.m. when he fired the gun, state police at Fogelsville said Friday.

Zdanowicz was charged Friday with reckless endangerment, simple assault and criminal mischief.

His bullet hit driver Christopher Coulthard, 33, of Whitehall Township in the left side of his back, exited his body and lodged in Coulthard's seat cushion, Trooper Robert E. Devers said.

Coulthard was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest, where he was treated and released.

"Through the course of the subsequent investigation, it was determined that the passenger, Zdanowicz, was highly intoxicated," police said in a news release.

"He was also found to be legally carrying a concealed 9mm handgun in his jacket pocket. As Zdanowicz attempted to reposition the firearm to another pocket, he accidentally discharged the firearm causing a single round to penetrate the rear of the driver's seat" and hit Coulthard.

Zdanowicz was arraigned Friday morning before District Judge Daniel Trexler, who released him on $7,500 bail.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    river for the Uber ride-sharing service was shot in the back by a drunken passenger early Sunday on Interstate 78 in Upper Saucon Township, police said.

Stefan E. Zdanowicz, 24, of Bethlehem, a back seat passenger, was moving his 9mm pistol from one jacket pocket to another at 12:20 a.m. when he fired the gun, state police at Fogelsville said Friday.

Zdanowicz was charged Friday with reckless endangerment, simple assault and criminal mischief.

His bullet hit driver Christopher Coulthard, 33, of Whitehall Township in the left side of his back, exited his body and lodged in Coulthard's seat cushion, Trooper Robert E. Devers said.

Coulthard was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest, where he was treated and released.

"Through the course of the subsequent investigation, it was determined that the passenger, Zdanowicz, was highly intoxicated," police said in a news release.

"He was also found to be legally carrying a concealed 9mm handgun in his jacket pocket. As Zdanowicz attempted to reposition the firearm to another pocket, he accidentally discharged the firearm causing a single round to penetrate the rear of the driver's seat" and hit Coulthard.

Zdanowicz was arraigned Friday morning before District Judge Daniel Trexler, who released him on $7,500 bail.
    Thanks, i usually post from my phone and have trouble copying the text from the article.
    IANAL

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Thanks, i usually post from my phone and have trouble copying the text from the article.
    Yea. It is amazing that most people do their web browsing on mobile but so many websites are still awful for it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

So....Large amounts of intoxicants+loaded firearms= bad idea. Got it.

What an asshole. Lucky the driver isn't dead or seriously wounded. I guess he'll be calling cabs or driving himself from now on, after he gets out of jail.

Ironically , some Rep. from Philly has a bill in the works making it illegal to carry a gun while intoxicated.

200th District State Rep. Chris Rabb; ''I am introducing shortly (previously House Bill 2378) that would make it illegal to carry a firearm while intoxicated.''
    Last edited by abner13; March 11th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

You pretty much get what you deserve when you carry a gun that is not in a proper holster. Not to mention other idiocy that led up to the moment.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I don't know what the upper saucon is but if you take a bullet in it I hope it isn't life threatening!

I Would describe it as suburban Allentown but someone up there might say different.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Ironically , some Rep. from Philly has a bill in the works making it illegal to carry a gun while intoxicated.

200th District State Rep. Chris Rabb; ''I am introducing shortly (previously House Bill 2378) that would make it illegal to carry a firearm while intoxicated.''
    Need to make sure this is shot down.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast