Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Something To Think About Guys

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I know I heard that instructor say shoot the bad guy and head out of the building to the right. That was obviously done on purpose to demonstrate what was going to be done wrong. I'm sorry if I fail a hypothetical training course if I choose to survive instead and do things as I see fit.
    I believe what was said was "Open doors are in play, closed doors are out of play, take it down the hallway, take a right and get out of the building."

I would have taken that to mean I could step into the room but he does then say "that's the only direction you can go" which makes it kind of nebulous.
    Last edited by PA86; March 9th, 2017 at 11:46 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    General Mattis says it best;

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

I carry a spare mag because I've had mag failures. It is unlikely that I'll ever be in a gunfight, much less one requiring multiple reloads, but malfunctions do happen so I like carrying one just in case.

Justin
    ^that.

Also remember....What would John McClane do?

"The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Sooo , that lesson learned , my plan is to grab someone I don't know and throw them into the line of fire.
    Just like if you and I are being chased by a bear. I only have to outrun you, which would be easy, because... Navy.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I don't know why these hypotheticals always stir so much shit. Minding your own is fine and so is stepping up to the plate. Screw the what ifs. It's a hypothetical involving known bad guy(s).. Why is either answer wrong? We give kudos to The Armed Citizen reports and how can there be fault in knowing your limitations or getting away unscathed?
    They stir up shit because it's so easy to come up with a hypothetical to support just about anything. The gun control crowd does it all the time.

"What if the cops see you shoot the bad guy and they shoot you?" Yep, sounds reasonable. OK then, "what if the shooter opens fire when I'm right behind him, and I drop him before he kills anyone?" One is just as likely as the other, both have incredibly long odds. But they use the first to support their gun bans, and ridicule the second as a gun-nut fantasy.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    They stir up shit because it's so easy to come up with a hypothetical to support just about anything. The gun control crowd does it all the time.

"What if the cops see you shoot the bad guy and they shoot you?" Yep, sounds reasonable. OK then, "what if the shooter opens fire when I'm right behind him, and I drop him before he kills anyone?" One is just as likely as the other, both have incredibly long odds. But they use the first to support their gun bans, and ridicule the second as a gun-nut fantasy.
    Well said. Seems like everyone is sniping at each other on here over the petty or even nonexistent issues.

Trump won! Clinton lost! She's not President and SCOTUS appears safe.
    Everything else is gravy

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Well said. Seems like everyone is sniping at each other on here over the petty or even nonexistent issues.

Trump won! Clinton lost! She's not President and SCOTUS appears safe.
    Everything else is gravy
    If you think they are snippy here, go start a reloading thread.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

You would be sued by the family of the person you just shot, because he was a good boy and was just a bit misguided and misunderstood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Beaver County)

Jennifer has the right idea, first thing I do when entering a building is locate the fire exits.

John Lott has a pretty good take on the concern expressed in the video and in the OP. While it's okay to worry, and prepare for really rare events, we have to look at the empirical data and research that has been done regarding active shooter scenarios. John Lott is on record saying that even though there is a hypothetical concern of an armed civilian being mistakenly shot by LEO's responding to an active shooter, he (and other researchers) cannot find any instance of this ever happening. Just like the concern that open carrying invites the 'shoot me first' protocol, or 'let's go for the gun', finding actual empirical evidence that supports these concerns, is scant, if non-existent.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    Jennifer has the right idea, first thing I do when entering a building is locate the fire exits.
    Also known as "situational awareness", which most of us on the forum possess... all due respect to JennG.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast