Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Something To Think About Guys

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    Contact the mods, I did that accidentally to a guy recently and they fixed it. You must have accidentally selected the disapprove section.
    Nope, neither box was selected. I pm'ed her, and Justin made an adjustment for my error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Strange, every time I initiate rep, the approve box has always been checked automatically. Like a default.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I can't say what I'd do in hypothetical shooter scenario.

Every situation it different, so my response would depend my assessment of WTF was going on.
    Pretty much my answer. I will add that sometimes my decision would be to protect others as well as myself. Sheltering in an area that can be defended would be on option for me in some possible scenarios. I also know my limits and I will not commit suicide.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

I find no fault in whatever decision a person makes when their life may be on the line. We all have thresholds.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    I hope if you or your family ever need help, someone who is able to end the threat and is in close proximity to you/them, does not have the same MO as you. God forbid there would ever be an incident, but if there were hypothetically, I'd hope you would appreciate it.

Having the skill, and the intestinal fortitude to stop a threat is not an attempt to fix all of the social problems as you said, only one; and the only one that matters in that terrible moment.

How many medical folks come across an injury or accident and don't intervene when they are able to help even a little bit? Sadly far too many because they are in fear of being sued by the victim or the next of kin. There are many more who WILL do something though out of the basic love for their fellow man. It is those honorable and brave men and women whom I applaud.
    It depends on the promity of the situation... it's so much safety in minding your business

For example... that guy that shot the perp that was on top of that state trooper beating him up.... had that Good Samaritan accidentally shot the state trooper... good chance he would had lost his freedom that day.... he put himself a great risk for doing the right thing

Sometimes doing the right thing is not doing the right thing I suppose

Yes... when in doubt, flee and mind your business
    Last edited by Muscle Master; March 9th, 2017 at 08:47 PM.

(Lancaster County)

I don't know why these hypotheticals always stir so much shit. Minding your own is fine and so is stepping up to the plate. Screw the what ifs. It's a hypothetical involving known bad guy(s).. Why is either answer wrong? We give kudos to The Armed Citizen reports and how can there be fault in knowing your limitations or getting away unscathed?

(Lancaster County)

My plan is to deploy my briefcase that's lined with ceramic plates to catch the incoming rounds, while my SO assembles the .300 Winmag NEF.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Well, I for one am glad we got the reputation thing repaired. Hokey smokes Thanks Justin we know you're a decent type of fellow but that Gun guy well you know... I did that from my phone one time, gave Neg rep accidently. I felt pretty dumb but it was the phone's fault for having such a small screen. That was when I had an iphone 4.

Anyway, in situations where the good and bad guys aren't so clear cut it's a matter of trying to assess the situation as quickly as possible. I think my first option is to take myself out of the line of fire from the bad guys and any potential good guys that may show up. I know it's hard to make any claim to a hypothetical when the pressure is on and yours and other people's life may be at stake but getting out of the line of fire is always my first thought. In that hallway there were door openings to take a shot from on the bad guy and that would have given the good guys time to assess you weren't part of the bad guy team when they showed up and it would give you cover to surrender to the good guys while not exposing yourself to their fire.

I know I heard that instructor say shoot the bad guy and head out of the building to the right. That was obviously done on purpose to demonstrate what was going to be done wrong. I'm sorry if I fail a hypothetical training course if I choose to survive instead and do things as I see fit. Maybe it's just me but I have this built in survival instinct thing going on inside of me. I'll surely help others if need be but I want it to be successful. Shooting the bad guy and ducking in the doorway would be my first thought.

Bad guy.jpg
    Last edited by JenniferG; March 9th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    My plan is to always prepare to take a defensive position or realize an escape route when first entering an unfamiliar place. If I find myself having to defend someone else's life against a perp then so be it.
    I heard the story of a Navy SEAL who was training some Iraqi soldiers or perhaps police , when a grenade was thrown in their midst , and he naturally dove on it.

My first thought would have been to throw an Iraqi on top of it!

Sooo , that lesson learned , my plan is to grab someone I don't know and throw them into the line of fire.
    Last edited by abner13; March 9th, 2017 at 10:32 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

My first thought would have been to throw an Iraqi on top of it!
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast