Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Latest from the Left

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    From a couple of days ago. I have been very busy lately so didn't have time to post it:

Dear Friend,

I'm the Mayor of Lancaster, and one of the toughest and most heartbreaking challenges I face is gun violence. So, working with city council, we've passed some ordinances we think help make Lancaster safer, like requiring people to let the police know if one of their guns has been lost or stolen. We think that helps us find guns before they can be used in a crime and also helps stop the flow of illegal guns through trafficking.

But some extremists can't even agree that lost and stolen guns should be reported! And last year, the NRA sued us because of our lost and stolen ordinance. It cost us tens of thousands of dollars to defend that suit before it was dismissed. And that comes out of taxpayer money. Now the NRA is trying again to get a law passed to give it special status to declare our (and other cities’) regulations void and to sue us to repeal them.

Don't let them get away with this. Being a mayor is a great job, and my first priority is to keep my city safe. I know mayors across PA agree with me. Don't let the NRA sue us for working for you

Write to your Senator RIGHT NOW to let him or her know you oppose this legislation.

Best,

Mayor Rick Gray

This email is being sent to you from CeaseFirePA. If you received this message
    from a friend, you can sign up for CeaseFirePA. Click here to unsubscribe.
    The response from my senator was that he supported preemption to avoid law abiding gun owners from running afoul of local laws. He said he wasn't happy with the fact that local municipalities could run up substantial legal fees defending legal challenges. He was going to work for common sense language to change this.

I suggested a common sense fix. Tell the municipalities to stop passing illegal laws. I'm still waiting for a response.

(Venango County)

The first job or duty of a government or official is to protect rights foremost. All other considerations are secondary.

We could call that the Hippocratic Oath of government just as medical doctors have the do no harm principle.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    We could call that the Hippocratic Oath of government just as medical doctors have the do no harm principle.
    Meanwhile, Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-part-one.aspx).

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    The response from my senator was that he supported preemption to avoid law abiding gun owners from running afoul of local laws. He said he wasn't happy with the fact that local municipalities could run up substantial legal fees defending legal challenges. He was going to work for common sense language to change this.

I suggested a common sense fix. Tell the municipalities to stop passing illegal laws. I'm still waiting for a response.
    You realize he was blowing you off with double speak. He's anti.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    The first job or duty of a government or official is to protect rights foremost. All other considerations are secondary.

The problem, as I see it today, is that politicians and government officials have side stepped the enforcement aspect of laws and jumped right into the legislating of laws. This is unprecedented in the scale that it occurred within the Obama admin. The Rule of Law as we knew it, did not exist any more. It became the Rule of the Day...whatever they want it to mean at the time they are getting their screenshots and sound bites on TV. Preemption was not a design of the Right...strictly the Left...and continues to be. Just look at the way they are acting now.

(Beaver County)

First mistake was calling them "law makers", now they think they have to make new laws.

Second mistake was letting them make a career out of a part time job.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You realize he was blowing you off with double speak. He's anti.
    Yep. Last I wrote I told him he was just like a Philadelphia Democrat.

(Berks County)

Dated 4-18-17. More untrue brain washing:

My name is Lisa Haver. I am a former teacher, and I lost my son to gun violence. I know firsthand, more guns in more places do not make us safer. That is why I was shocked to learn the State Senate is voting on a proposal to arm our teachers with guns.

Write your Senator right now and let him or her know, this will not make our children safer.

As someone who has experience inside the classroom and knows the heartbreak of losing a child -- I know this legislation is not the answer. Guns in classrooms is a bad idea for teachers, students, and our communities. It will make us all less safe.

Please email your Senator and ask him or her to oppose this dangerous bill!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Dated 4-18-17. More untrue brain washing:

My name is Lisa Haver. I am a former teacher, and I lost my son to gun violence. I know firsthand, more guns in more places do not make us safer. That is why I was shocked to learn the State Senate is voting on a proposal to arm our teachers with guns.

Write your Senator right now and let him or her know, this will not make our children safer.

As someone who has experience inside the classroom and knows the heartbreak of losing a child -- I know this legislation is not the answer. Guns in classrooms is a bad idea for teachers, students, and our communities. It will make us all less safe.

Please email your Senator and ask him or her to oppose this dangerous bill!

Lisa Haver also apparently hates charter schools. Lisa Haver sounds like a political hack.

Interesting that it took me a while to actually find information about her son, more information was readily available about her hatred or charter schools:

http://6abc.com/archive/6543649/

Prosecutors say the shooting was retaliation for an earlier altercation that Bohannon had with Dieter.
    Not blaming the victim, but I have to wonder what the altercation was about.

Article from Huffpo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-h...e_b_67869.html

And then, on September 22, their family life was shattered by a man who walked up to their adopted son, Daren Dieter, and shot him in the spine. The shooter left Daren in a parking lot in Philadelphia, paralyzed from the neck down. Daren happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, a young man simply trying to buy a late-night snack for himself and his date.
    Last edited by streaker69; April 21st, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Default Re: CEASE FIRE PA et al - Latest from the Left

Dated 4-20-17. I hope everyone is still contacting their legislators. We do get warnings from the NRA, ILA, GOA FOAC et al. Please keep responding. Thanks.

Today is the somber day when we mark the anniversary of one of the worst school shootings in the history of our country, the Columbine High School massacre. 13 people were killed that day and an additional 21 were injured.

But if you think some of the gun-obsessed legislators will pause for a moment or put their guns everywhere for everyone agenda on hold, you’ll be sorely disappointed.

The PA house is taking up the dangerous preemption bill, the one that will let the NRA and other groups sue our towns and cities to remove commonsense gun safety laws. Oh, and of course, they want us taxpayers to pay the bill.

Can you email your legislator right now and ask him or her to oppose this bill?

I know you may have already emailed your senator about this bill, but we need to make sure your house member knows you oppose this as well! We’re going to keep asking you to make your voice heard until we defeat this dangerous bill

Thanks,
    Shira

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast