Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Latest from the Left

Latest from the Left
    If it's coming from the left..... you know it isn't right.

(Chester County)

They've been away from the real world too long. For instance:
    1- Mob leader threatens his hit-man.
    2- Picking a fight with a big guy after you've had a few boiler makers.
    3- Throw rocks at a wasp nest.
    4- Threatening and Pissing off owners of millions of guns pointing in the opposite direction, for now.
    Last edited by ideaman; March 17th, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

(Berks County)

OK people, hit your email and phones to counteract this crap

With the constant barrage of news, from Russia to non-existent wiretaps, it’s hard to stay engaged in every battle. But this one is important.

We’re in the middle of a hearing for Judge Gorsuch, President Trump’s pick for the Supreme Court. Judge Gorsuch is outside of the mainstream, has the NRA’s stamp of approval, and will make us less safe.

Can you call Senator Casey and tell him to oppose Judge Gorsuch?

This fight is too important and they stakes are too high to sit this battle out. If confirmed Judge Gorsuch could sit on the Supreme Court for 3 decades or more.

Please give Senator Casey a call at (202) 224-6324 and let him know you oppose Gorsuch!

Sample Script:

Hi my name is [you name] from [your city or county]. I’m calling to ask the Senator to oppose Judge Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court. Judge Gorsuch is outside of the mainstream, has the NRA’s stamp of approval, and will make us less safe.

Thank you,

Shira

P.S.

Feel free to hit reply to this email and let us know how your call went!

This email is being sent to you from CeaseFirePA. If you received this message
    from a friend, you can sign up for CeaseFirePA. Click here to unsubscribe.

(Wayne County)

I thought you went crazy for a minute there Stainless.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I thought you went crazy for a minute there Stainless.
    That was long before I signed up on this site...

(Lackawanna County)

Good old Ceasethinking PA.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Berks County)

Today's propaganda from cease fire: (dated 03/27/2017

like a tired twist in a bad horror movie

You know the scene I’m talking about. The one in cheap horror movies where you think the bad guy is finally vanquished but he rears his head for one last scare.
    Well, that’s what is happening in Harrisburg this week. Remember the special standing bill that allowed groups like the NRA to sue our towns and cities? We just learned it is coming back.

SB 5, the preemption/special standing bill is on the Local Government committee agenda for tomorrow’s meeting. This is not a friendly committee but we have to start our fight now. If the bill does pass out of committee we will be doing a full court press in the Senate. But until then can you email your senator now and ask him or her to oppose this dangerous bill?

Last edited by stainless; April 17th, 2017 at 07:15 AM.

(Berks County)

Today's crap from Cease fire pa. The first para is astonishing: (dated 03/29/2017)

We wrote to you earlier this week about the gun lobby’s effort to give the NRA and other groups a special right to sue towns, cities, and taxpayers. Thanks to you, every Senator heard from concerned voters, and newspapers across PA are editorializing against the bill. But now there’s another fight, too -- they want our school teachers to have guns in class!

We’ll keep you posted on when and how to fight both bills, but we need more people like you standing with us against these dangerous pieces of legislation. So let me be blunt, that requires resources.

Can you chip in $25, $50, $100, or $250 to help us keep guns out of classrooms and the NRA out of taxpayer’s pockets?

We hate asking for cash, and we try to do it a little less than most organizations, but over the coming weeks we are going to really need your help and support. We have to make calls, put up yard signs, knock on doors, and do everything else we can to fight these terrible bills. And that costs money.

Can you help us with a contribution of $25, $50, $100, or $250 today?

Thank you!

Shira

Last edited by stainless; April 17th, 2017 at 07:16 AM.

(Berks County)

From a couple of days ago. I have been very busy lately so didn't have time to post it:

Dear Friend,

I'm the Mayor of Lancaster, and one of the toughest and most heartbreaking challenges I face is gun violence. So, working with city council, we've passed some ordinances we think help make Lancaster safer, like requiring people to let the police know if one of their guns has been lost or stolen. We think that helps us find guns before they can be used in a crime and also helps stop the flow of illegal guns through trafficking.

But some extremists can't even agree that lost and stolen guns should be reported! And last year, the NRA sued us because of our lost and stolen ordinance. It cost us tens of thousands of dollars to defend that suit before it was dismissed. And that comes out of taxpayer money. Now the NRA is trying again to get a law passed to give it special status to declare our (and other cities’) regulations void and to sue us to repeal them.

Don't let them get away with this. Being a mayor is a great job, and my first priority is to keep my city safe. I know mayors across PA agree with me. Don't let the NRA sue us for working for you

Write to your Senator RIGHT NOW to let him or her know you oppose this legislation.

Best,

Mayor Rick Gray

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    From a couple of days ago. I have been very busy lately so didn't have time to post it:

Dear Friend,

I'm the Mayor of Lancaster, and one of the toughest and most heartbreaking challenges I face is gun violence. So, working with city council, we've passed some ordinances we think help make Lancaster safer, like requiring people to let the police know if one of their guns has been lost or stolen. We think that helps us find guns before they can be used in a crime and also helps stop the flow of illegal guns through trafficking.

But some extremists can't even agree that lost and stolen guns should be reported! And last year, the NRA sued us because of our lost and stolen ordinance. It cost us tens of thousands of dollars to defend that suit before it was dismissed. And that comes out of taxpayer money. Now the NRA is trying again to get a law passed to give it special status to declare our (and other cities’) regulations void and to sue us to repeal them.

Don't let them get away with this. Being a mayor is a great job, and my first priority is to keep my city safe. I know mayors across PA agree with me. Don't let the NRA sue us for working for you

Write to your Senator RIGHT NOW to let him or her know you oppose this legislation.

Best,

Mayor Rick Gray

Fuck the bowtie!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast