Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 3/17 to 3/19 3 day show

Went to their last one here in Hburg - December I think. Not impressed. That one didn't have 2 other shows running and parking was EZ... But a smallish show and nary a deal to be had. Prices were about same as retail, selection was pretty vanilla. Best part was getting some pickles & jerky.
    DGAF

(York County)

Even with $1 coupon definitely not an $11 show. Don't know how many tables but it was certainly no Oaks or even half an Oaks. Located in the old hall out front. I will skip this show moving forward and stick with York and Oaks.

(Cumberland County)

Whoever told you it's insane busy here is jerking your chain. I'm leaving now and whole complex is very slow. No traffic, well over 1/2 total parking still empty. With that said, the gun show was only so so. Even though Harrisburg is my favorite show, I would not travel a great distance for this one. I left with 3 bags of goodies and a S&W revolver $280 otd that I saw others selling for $500 so I'm happy. Only a 15-20 minute drive for me. Off to corn beef, cabbage and green beer now! PM if you have any specific questions I can try to answer.

(Cumberland County)

Luckily I've never heard of him. Not know many companies, will probably stay with the "known" ones - Baker Door or Shank Door. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Stay the hell away from anything from Wayne Dalton.

Run away.

Noah

(Cumberland County)

Although Traffic going in and out was non existent, and most of the lot was empty, you are correct, now I see where a few thought it was crazy busy. The parking directly in front of the entrance ( old main hall/heritage hall ) was fairly full, you had to go around the corner. Trailers and such did take up a lot of room, but I got a spot right up front. If you parked just a little ways back around the corner, it was wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by bartomark View Post
    Parking is an absolute disaster. Not only from having so many events going but the livestock and horse people all have very large trailers and they didn't park them efficiently. Each trailer takes up the room about 4 or 5 cars. I can't even imagine what tomorrow's going to be like. I did see a lot of places to park if you were on a motorcycle...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I left with 3 bags of goodies and a S&W revolver $280 otd that I saw others selling for $500 so I'm happy.
    What model S&W, if I may ask? I bought a model 10, forget the dash #, there last year for about the same price.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Cumberland County)

64-4. I Posted a pic of it in the what did you buy yourself today thread.

Quote Originally Posted by archie19 View Post
    What model S&W, if I may ask? I bought a model 10, forget the dash #, there last year for about the same price.

(Luzerne County)

We arrived a few minutes before 3:00 opening.

We parked in back of the building ... although there were livestock trucks/trailers, we had no problem parking.

When we left around 6:00, there were lots of empty spaces and most of the livestock vehicles were gone.

It was free and a short walk around corner of building to main entrance.

Although there were empty tables ... I suspect it was just late arriving dealers or ones who decided to set up SAT am and save a nite's hotel expense.

Both ends of the hall had some open space, but about same as last "Spring's" show.

While not nearly the size of next weekend's Oaks show, there was a nice mix of items.

I can't speak for others, but was pleased with what I saw ... I came home with a CHERRY Boxed Colt for my collection and my buddy took home 2 pricey uppers.

I have no complaint about the $12.00 admission price at all - remember it costs the promoter to rent the hall, advertise and staff/insure the show.
    If they can't cover their costs and make a few bucks, there is no incentive for them to keep doing shows.
    In my opinion, it is not realistic to expect a $2.00 admission.

For me, it is worth it for seeing some other collectors and sharing information obtained thru social contacts.

I reupped my NRA membership, for $30 and got into show for free ... PLUS avoided the long wait in line!

I'll return!

(Philadelphia County)

Where does one sign up for the NRA for $30 with admission included? Online or in person?

(Cumberland County)

At the show. They always do this
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckhog View Post
    Where does one sign up for the NRA for $30 with admission included? Online or in person?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast