Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Thumbs up Pocono Mountain Firearms

I just wanted to give a heads up for others. I had heard Pocono Mountain Firearms had gone through a change of owners last year but having stayed away from any new purchases in two years and getting my ammo online I had not had a reason to visit the new store and owner. This changed this past two months when I purchased a 1911 and had a AR15 shipped to them. The owner and his staff have all been very friendly, willing to help find what you need (twice they searched all their distributors for me for the 1911) and very knowledgeable in their field. Just wanted to let others know who had not been in the shop in a while that it is worth at least a stop in. They are on Rt. 611 right off I-80 exit 298.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pocono Mountain Firearms

I went in there yesterday. I picked needed some ammo and I've been meaning to stop in and take a look. I don't like stepping into a small business without buying something. I saw some good deals. Good enough that after sitting at home for a couple of hours I decided to go and pick up a CZ P07. A great deal all around. Mike and Mark were friendly and attentive. After the sale my wife, my son and I hung around to chat guns and politics. They were friendly enough to get my wife on board, allowing my son to own his very own 22 bolt rifle. They've definitely made a permanent customer out of me and I'll absolutely be back.

I always make it a point to stop when passing by. Its a good brain brake while traveling. The guys in the shop are always nice and professional. I have also talked to some of the local customers. The last customer I spoke to was informed about PAFOA. If he joined IDK...
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lackawanna County)

I don't make it down there very much but I always enjoy stopping there when I do. Nice people in the shop and the prices are reasonable.

(Wayne County)

I stopped in today to look around and get a price on a new rifle. Price quoted was the best so far in my area. Only problem I have, I got to give Wolf tax dollars from the purchase of a firearm, I feel like I’m cutting my own throat.

I was in the Tannersville outlets buying my wife a Christmas present earlier today, after I was done I decided to check out Pocono Mountain Firearms since I have driven past it dozens of times and never stopped in. Staff was very helpful and friendly and there was zero pressure or typical gun sales type know it all knowledge being forced at me. I noticed they had a really good price on a Taurus TX22 pistol but not the set up I wanted between color and it lacking a manual safety since it's going to be used to teach my kids. The owner said if it wasn't a Christmas present then I he could order me one in any color and configuration I wanted at the sale price of the one he had in the case.

SOLD! and I didn't even need to put anything down other then my name and number on a sheet of paper.

Their prices on other items seemed really good for a local shop, Anderson receivers $55.00, Glock 43x with stainless slide on sale for $399 and the same with S&W M&P compact in 9mm. Canik TP9 pistols for $350ish and AR's looked to be in the $699.99 range although I didn't see brands or configurations.

I will update this all once I compete my purchase but for now I am sold on them.

Mike is not only a Honest LGS,Informative and knowledgeable.I have been doing business with him since he bought the business from previous owners.Used selection and new firearms .Well worth a visit to do business with him .

(Monroe County)

I was there twice this week, prices were very fair and the owner mike and his staff are top notch,george helped me out with a nice sig
    would highly recommend this shop