Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    1,317
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Nobody gets transferred there by pissing someone off. It is a sweet assignment. Day work, weekends off, no special uniform details.
    That sounds more like it.That unit certainly does not appear to be any kind of punishment.
    "The time for empty talk is over....now is the hour of action" DJT

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Primos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,408
    Rep Power
    18653933

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Was this at the current location at 990 Springgarden Street? How do you know they weren't law enforcement?
    Across from Colosimo's when they were still there. I can't be sure but most of the people in "street clothes" did not have a badge displayed but a few did. The officers in uniform did not have guns on them and there was a sign stating no firearms past this point.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    I as well as my attorney can not find anywhere in the code where an interview has statutory support. so, it seems reasonable to me that it's a "home grown" requirement established by???. who knows; it what it is until somebody files suit.

    On another note, is there provision made there for storing firearms, assuming that the "no firearms" restriction is still in place?

    TangoBravo

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Primos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,408
    Rep Power
    18653933

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    It has been well established that Philadelphia breaks some of the rules/laws involving their ltcf process. I do not believe the interview is in that category. I think they could argue it is part of the investigation process.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg area, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    4,651
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    It has been well established that Philadelphia breaks some of the rules/laws involving their ltcf process. I do not believe the interview is in that category. I think they could argue it is part of the investigation process.
    Yes, that's why I didn't say it is expressly illegal. It is not found in the statute. They are trying to shoehorn it in as part of the "investigation" but since no other issuing authority in the state feels the needs to do so I think they are on shaky grounds. Their statutory power to investigate is not unlimited. For instance I think it would be much more clearly illegal for Philly to require submission to drug testing in order to obtain a LTCF even though it could be placed into the category of "investigation".
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Primos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,408
    Rep Power
    18653933

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Yes, that's why I didn't say it is expressly illegal. It is not found in the statute. They are trying to shoehorn it in as part of the "investigation" but since no other issuing authority in the state feels the needs to do so I think they are on shaky grounds. Their statutory power to investigate is not unlimited. For instance I think it would be much more clearly illegal for Philly to require submission to drug testing in order to obtain a LTCF even though it could be placed into the category of "investigation".
    I agree with you but there is a wide variance of the investigation part around the state. I don't think an interview is overstepping the boundaries of what exists right now. I do not think the whole idea of a ltcf is constitutionally legal in the first place but I don't have the money to fight it at that level.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Harrisburg area, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    4,651
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Changes to LTCF office times

    Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I do not think the whole idea of a ltcf is constitutionally legal in the first place
    Likewise.

    It doesn't get any plainer than "shall not be questioned". Yet here we are.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Concealed Carry Sheriff Office times
    By donimbimbo in forum Tioga
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 18th, 2013, 05:57 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 30th, 2011, 12:14 AM
  3. PA LTCF - Philadelphia Wait Times
    By jgaffney in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 20th, 2010, 09:43 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 17th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops