Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default ARMSLIST- anyone else having problems?

The code is all messed up and it makes the website extremely frustrating to navigate. Anyone else having issues with armslist? Been going on for a few weeks now

(Beaver County)

Default Re: ARMSLIST- anyone else having problems?

Hehe. Scamslist.
    www.steelvalleycasting.com is your source for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Carbon County)

never any problems at my local firearms dealer.
    "INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT"

(Allegheny County)

The only problem I ever had there was some scammer selling my gun there.
    Or at least pretending to.

I was alerted of a gun "just like mine" for sale there. I looked - it WAS my gun - on my patented, gravel driveway backdrop. LOL

I reported it. They deleted the listing.
    Pittsburgh PAFOA GROUP SHOOT April 22(click for info) ALL WELCOME!!!

(Allegheny County)

Haven't been able to get on at all in a week or so. Says the site is down for maintenance but "will be back soon".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Haven't been able to get on at all in a week or so. Says the site is down for maintenance but "will be back soon".
    Works for me. It never didn't work for me.

I just realized this topic was brought up a few weeks ago with theories of conspiracy and such.
    Bunch of people stated that it didn't work, or had a message about maintenance, and every time I went to double check and it worked fine for me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Works for me. It never didn't work for me.

I just realized this topic was brought up a few weeks ago with theories of conspiracy and such.
    Bunch of people stated that it didn't work, or had a message about maintenance, and every time I went to double check and it worked fine for me.

Dang, you're right. Just tried with Microsoft Edge and got right on but couldn't using Chrome or from my phone.

(Clinton County)

I've notice some issues with the site a few weeks ago. I had to go into both my browsers, (chrome and MS Edge), and delete the temporary internet files and cookies for the Armslist site. Rebooted the PC and was up and running again with both. They also had a period a few weeks ago of VERY SLOW loading of their pages. That I didn't have a fix for but their ISP apparently fixed or addressed the bandwidth problem.
    I don't know why I go there anymore though! Same old "stuff" on the nearest locations to me. And when I did find something I inquired about, >50% of the time, the poster was a tad bit on the shady side of life!
    (No, I'll drive to you for a face to face! No, I'll pay cash and am not giving you my CC numbers).
    And once again, history repeats itself! Over and over again!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    I don't know why I go there anymore though! Same old "stuff" on the nearest locations to me. And when I did find something I inquired about, >50% of the time, the poster was a tad bit on the shady side of life!
    (No, I'll drive to you for a face to face! No, I'll pay cash and am not giving you my CC numbers).
    It's full of scammers, no doubt, but it's still my go-to site to sell long guns. I listed a shotgun there at 8:30 AM today and by 1:30 PM I had full-price cash in hand from a member of my gun club. It was a good price and I knew it but it wouldn't have sold here.

That said, I did get two phishing emails from guys conveniently just deployed out of the area who wanted me to ship to their FFL upon receipt of payment, etc. but it's a simple matter of deleting those.

(Adams County)

I meaaan, if we're being honest, the site isn't that well built to begin with. It gets the job done but I don't think anyone's putting a lot of time or money into a free service like that (look at how ugly craigslist is--looks like the layout hasn't been updated since the early days of the internet).

As far as scammers go, I've successfully purchased 3 items from two different sellers on the site and haven't had so much as a hiccup either time. I think a certain level of basic online smarts is necessary, like if someone is trying to sell a gun for way under what it's worth, or the buyer situation described above, it's probably not real. Unfortunately, this makes it easy to take advantage of those less internet savvy but maybe don't go on there if Nigerian Princes often entice your money away from you what with their promises of big money big money no whammy stop.