Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Accurate, small .380 for deep concealment

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    And I love my Pony.

It's odd that nobody but nobody recommends the Colt - EVER - always Sig's nearly exact copy of the Colt that gets suggested.
    I love the Pony as well - mainly in the Pocketlite version. Those of us who learned on the DAO revolvers have no problem with its trigger. I had upgraded sights put on mine. I also switch off with a Beretta Pico - sights are great, but the slide is pretty stiff.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I love my Bersa Thunder 380. They are HIGHLY underrated and often overlooked in favor of the more popular and mainstream brands.

They do have a magazine disconnect, but it is easy to remove if you don't like them.

Recent production has the Kalifornia legal integral lock. See if you can find an older one without that bull shit.
    Tough to pocket carry a Bersa Thunder though. I liked mine, and it was amazingly accurate, reliable, with very light recoil. But found I was never carrying it about 5 months of the year, and rarely shooting it. Got rid of it.

(Butler County)

Wink Re: Accurate, small .380 for deep concealment

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Don't discount this little baby. My favorite.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/415093/IMG_0196.jpg

Is it a P64 Radom?
    I have the P83. The Poles make some of the best damn guns from a milspec point of view, don't they? The P83 fits my hand like a glove while the original Makarov is just too small for me. I once thought the Mak was going to be the final word until I tried one. Nope. Then on a whim I bought the slightly larger P83 on Gunbroker and found what I was looking for. I always knew I liked 9x18....but just had to find the right gun for it. One thing about Radom anything is an almost uncanny sense of balance in the engineering. If I stand my P83 up with a loaded mag in it and tip it until it almost is falling over and then let it go it will rock side to side like clockwork for an eternity, until the timing is so close and fast you can't even count anymore. And then it continues for several minutes more. It's unreal. THEN...if you rest it on its side opposite the one shown in my photo and spin it, again with loaded mag, it will also spin like a flywheel designed in zero-gravity and continue for several minutes. The 2nd handgun I ever shot was a Radom M35. Again, a balance so well engineered that it just sits there in your hand pointing at the target even if you start to open your hand.

I love my Radom too! But I carry a Shield because of power, support and accessories. If my Shield jammed hopelessly or blew apart tomorrow, that P83 would replace it for carry faster than anything. The truth is I am more accurate with P83. Only gun I can draw from the hip and hit something the size of a human head repeatedly from about 15 feet with one hand...which I think describes what most SD encounters would be like: no time to squat and aim with two hands. Not really a 380 officially, but so close they are nearly twins.

tmp_3199-rps20170312_230018-551185385.jpg

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Is it a P64 Radom?
    I have the P83. The Poles make some of the best damn guns from a milspec point of view, don't they?
    Yup. I like to think of it as Makarov but later I learned that it is technically a P64. Whatever it is, it's a beauty. For one thing, it is blued steel. That's how I like them, and they are harder and harder to find. It's just the rght size. Not too big, not too small. It's balanced, and accurate and has never jammed sicne I've had it. You can still get them for well under $300, but prices have gone up I noticed.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Yup. I like to think of it as Makarov but later I learned that it is technically a P64. Whatever it is, it's a beauty. For one thing, it is blued steel. That's how I like them, and they are harder and harder to find. It's just the rght size. Not too big, not too small. It's balanced, and accurate and has never jammed sicne I've had it. You can still get them for well under $300, but prices have gone up I noticed.
    I thought of getting one since I kind of have this combloc fetish.... but I'd probably stick with the P83 for carry. Yours is milled I believe, and mine is stamped. Got spare mags for yours? I recently bought 4 spares straight from Poland via Gunbroker. They all work really well, unused really. Somehow I ended up with hundreds of rounds for it too....upwards of 1000...and all different brands. Yet I have just a couple boxes of 9x19 JHP SD ammo at my disposal right now. Go figure!
    Last edited by FJW; March 14th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

I thought of getting one since I kind of have this combloc fetish.... but I'd probably stick with the P83 for carry. Yours is milled I believe, and mine is stamped. Got spare mags for yours? I recently bought 4 spares straight from Poland via Gunbroker. They all work really well, unused really. Somehow I ended up with hundreds of rounds for it too....upwards of 1000...and all different brands. Yet I have just a couple boxes of 9x19 JHP SD ammo at my disposal right now. Go figure!
    Got a Kahr CT380 for sale. Very shootable due to the grip length being a little longer than most "pocket" .380s'

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jayo84 View Post
    Got a Kahr CT380 for sale. Very shootable due to the grip length being a little longer than most "pocket" .380s'
    Ive always thought well of the Kahrs. I almost bought the CW45 but ended up with a Bersa .45 instead. But I guess that would be getting off topic... Unless I say that the Bersa Thunder 380 would also be one of top three 380's on my list.

(Montgomery County)

Ive always thought well of the Kahrs. I almost bought the CW45 but ended up with a Bersa .45 instead. But I guess that would be getting off topic... Unless I say that the Bersa Thunder 380 would also be one of top three 380's on my list.
    I liked Bersas until I actually saw and handled one. I used to have a real PPK. Maybe that's why.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345