Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Restaurants abd Bars

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    It really makes little difference what the law actually says it only matters what some leftist bedwetter judge says it says. Don't try to interpret the law yourself, ask a lawyer what some leftist bedwetter judge says it says instead of putting yourself in jeopardy.
    That would be my deeper research.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Berks County)

Attached Images Attached Images

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    If I remember correctly, It was Justice Story that once said, "Where the law is mute there is no law". I think that means. you can't break the law if there is no law against what your doing. Now most governments orgs strive to make everything illegal, then carve out exceptions. Once in a while they miss something but not often.

Now someone will tell me it is myth or the wrong judge.
    It takes a statutory law to make something illegal(certain exceptions in states the fully adopt English Common Law*). In support of this is the 9th Amendment, where even though an act wasn't enumerated, it is still a right. The 10th Amendment then allows the States to regulate or prohibit an act in the Shared Powers between the States and People.

*Under full English Common Law, acts deemed to be illegal by a judge can have punitive effects. A number of the southern states have constitutional provision fully incorporating English Common Law. A statute supersedes Common Law, but when there is no statute, but yet Common Law finds the act illicit - punishment can be given upon conviction. A number of states have a Common Law punishment grading too.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I see people calling it CCW all the time on all kind of forums when discussing PA carry. I see CCW, CWL, CWP, LTCF, etc...

Seems people get touchy when not calling it a, "LTCF".

Just asking a simple questions, or I thought I was. I am a stickler for being correct, just wanting to be sure I know what I am talking about in case someone asks me the difference.

(Bucks County)

If you don't call it a LTCF around here, you might as well post .22 ammo at Dick's in EM's deals thread.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskiesPA View Post
    I see people calling it CCW all the time on all kind of forums when discussing PA carry. I see CCW, CWL, CWP, LTCF, etc...

Seems people get touchy when not calling it a, "LTCF".
    Part of the problem is that CCWs, CWLs and CWPs all have one thing in common - they address Concealed Weapons. A firearm may be a weapon, but not all weapons are firearms. And, as has been mentioned before, countless times even, a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms does far more than just allow one to carry the firearm concealed.

For Pennsylvanians, it's an LTCF. Can't be anything else.

As long as you don't call a Magazine a Clip, we're okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Part of the problem is that CCWs, CWLs and CWPs all have one thing in common - they address Concealed Weapons.
    THIS

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Part of the problem is that CCWs, CWLs and CWPs all have one thing in common - they address Concealed Weapons. A firearm may be a weapon, but not all weapons are firearms. And, as has been mentioned before, countless times even, a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms does far more than just allow one to carry the firearm concealed.

For Pennsylvanians, it's an LTCF. Can't be anything else.

As long as you don't call a Magazine a Clip, we're okay.
    Even with that, it still lays upon the statutes to determine what is what. A state could name its permit/license as a "Concealed Weapons Permit", but define "Weapon" as only a handgun - thus leaving out all other devices(even though they can be weapons too).

The name is just that, a name. The law is laws and regulations are what matter.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    EDIT: WTF is a CCW?
    Where do you get a CCW?

With a LTCF:
    1. Open Carry in Philadelphia
    B. Open Carry during a declared State of Emergency
    thirdly, carry loaded pistols in a vehicle.

that's off the top of my head
    IIRC, one cannot carry a long gun nor a handgun off of your property during a declared state of emergency without an LTCF unless actively engaging in self defense.

I figure the self defense clause is for spill-over of defense to public property or that which is not yours. I forget the statute as well. But this distinction is good reason to get an LTCF, even if you don't plan on daily carry because during declared emergencies are times you might need a handgun or longgun to go out or to hunt. IANAL
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345