One of my best friends bought one today at Tanners. His budget was very firm at $300 and he wanted a new gun.

He asked me a few weeks ago to help him pick out a cc gun, he will be applying next week of so for his ltcf. He gave me the parameters for a search. Budget, 9mm and new. He wanted to fit in a holster under the $300 as well if possible. It felt good that he trusted me to help him decide on the gun. I asked him to do some homework on the action types and what the various makers had in his price range.
His first gun was a Hi-Point C-9. I have given a review of that gun in a different thread and followed it up with several updates.

I know there will be bashers on the decision to buy the Taurus but it was the best gun given the parameters. He was able to get a Galco iwb holster and two boxes of Federal fmj plinking ammo and still had enough for a cup of coffee. We checked out the Sccy and a few other budget guns. The taurus fit his hand and pointed well for him. (Actually I was impressed myself after holding older versions).

I will be giving my impressions of it after we get to the range. He plans on putting the 100 rounds through it and I asked if I could run a box through as well. I will check for reliability and after a bo of so accuracy.

He did not do much researching himself and I did tell him that was a mistake but I hope I did well for my buddy. I am glad that he will be joining the ranks of "good guy with a gun". Now we have to work on one more friend. I think he is good to go but his wife has an aversion to handguns.

On a side note Tanners is a hell of a gun shop within driving distance of us in the sepa portion of the state. It was worth the drive of about an hour and a half round trip. He is from Philadelphia and would have paid about $300 for just the gun in the city. Their inventory is incredible for a shop that size. They have a wide selection of accessories as well, for many types of shooting including hunting. All in all a very good day.