Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Taurus PT-111 g2 9mm

This lawsuit is about alleged safety defects in the following Taurus-branded firearms: PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640; and/or PT-24/7. The “PRO” series of each model are also included. The lawsuit asserts that these alleged safety defects may cause some Class Pistols to unintentionally fire with the safety in the “on” or “safe” position when the trigger is pulled and some Class Pistols may unintentionally fire when dropped or bumped. The Taurus Companies stand by the Class Pistols and vigorously deny all allegations of wrongdoing and liability. The lawsuit does not involve Taurus G2 model pistols.
    https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

We finally made it to the range. I have not fired a gun with a trigger safety until today. The first time I put my finger on it I was startled for a split second lol. It just felt different it took about two seconds to not even notice it. My friend fired about 100 rounds through it and I put about another 30. In total it was approximately 80 rounds of two manufacturers of common american made fmj and 50 rounds of steel cased imported fmj that I picked up a couple years ago at an Oaks show. Not difference in accuracy but the steel stuff was much dirtier.

No malfunctions of any kind. It took several mag loadings to be able to get up to ten. It is a twelve rounder. When he first got to work today he told me he had trouble getting in the sixth round. It was a bitch for me as well. I think I may have gotten it loaded to twelve rounds one time. When we got to the range my friend informed me he did not clean the gun after purchase. It was well lubricated when he bought it but I suggested he clean it because that may have been a shipping coating. Just pointing this out because it popped into my head while typing.

His impressions with the gun are that it shoots well and is more accurate than he is by far. He has only ever shot full sized heavy 9mm handguns prior to today. His Hi-point and my Ruger P-89. He is not what can be considered a good shot. He can keep everything in the chest area of a torso silhouette target. With the Taurus he was all over the place for the first 30 rounds or so. He also said it was harder to keep under control. He shot his brick and returned to his previous level of marksmanship. He was confused. I explained that a lighter gun will increase the felt recoil and that was probably taking him off target. I told him to tighten up his grip a little and pay more attention to his trigger control. After explaining trigger control he was much better with it. He was hitting generally where he was aiming. All in all he is very happy about his choice. This will be his edc when he gets his LTCF. Most of his shooting was done at seven to ten yards.

My first impressions of this gun are good. I do not think the recoil is off putting for a gun in this weight class. I could reacquire the sights a bit quicker than I can with my P-89. It does have a little muzzle flip but the sights are large and simple. I had a good level of accuracy with it keeping all my rounds in a fist sized area at seven and ten yards. This is my basic level of accuracy. I am no great shot either. One thing that felt funny to me was the magazine seemed loose when I installed it after every loading. It is hard to explain because it was not loose at all. I shook it and tried to move it but it did not budge. It just felt weird. It could be that it does not have as solid a "click" as my guns when pushed in the pistol. Like I said it is hard to explain. It does not feel like a toy in my hands. It has decent fit and finish.

I would say it is a winner at this time. I have not seen as many negative reviews as I did with the first generation of this gun. I will try to get the round count up to a respectable level over the next few months. If I notice any thing worth reporting I will. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them. if anyone wants to add their review please do so.

The reason i did a review on this and his other gun is to show that less expensive options do exist. I had no preconceived notions about either of his guns and would have reported if they sucked. There are so many closed minded people out there who will bash a gun that they have never fired or even held because it is a "cheap" gun. Today our boss was razzing him a bit because of his gun choices. The same man who has probably not fired a gun in a decade.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Northampton County)

Haha, I hear you mpan72. I carried a Sig P239 SAS as my EDC for many years before switching to a PT-111 G2. I caught some flack for the switch, but the simple fact of the matter is that the PT-111 G2 is lighter weight, smaller size, much higher capacity, almost as accurate, I didn't have a hammer poking me in the side, and if I ended up using it I was only going to be out $200. Palmetto State has regularly had the PT-111 G2 on sale over the past 2 years between $199-$219, making it a smokin deal.

I recently picked up a S&W Shield Performance Center with night sights due to the better grip, slimmer profile, better trigger, and much better sights, but I'll still be keeping the Taurus as my glove box gun. I've owned quite a few Taurus pistols and revolvers over the years and they've always run just as reliably as my collection of Sig's and Smith's. Hopefully your buddy continues to enjoy the PT-111 G2!

(Bucks County)

I took my son to Tanners a couple weeks ago and we looked at a LCP 2 and the PT 111 g2. He has pretty big hands, so the LCP was out. The Taurus was a perfect fit for him, had the 12+1 capacity, and out the door with 5 boxes of 9mm PMC ammo and still was under his budget of 350.00

Thanks for the report/review. I hope to get out with him. I'm going to pick up a shield before the rebate ends.
    I'm not a fan of safeties on my carry gun.

We own two and now three Taurus P 111s 9mm G 2s It was used at my local LGS for $160 with one mag out the door ! Cant go wrong they go bang every time and feel better in my hand than my old Glock 26 !

(Bucks County)

I agree, I'm very happy with mine. Im actually very impressed for how it shoots. For a gun of its size, it's very smooth and comfortable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123