Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Wife got pulled over today...

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    then what is by asking is she is carrying when he already knows she has a LTCF?
    In a constitutional context, 'questioning' a right by the government means limiting it or otherwise creating parameters in regard to it. A mere question by a police officer does not rise to the level of the government questioning your right.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    they should only be questioned if they broke the law in a serious matter only those rules should apply, a "speeding violation" does not apply or related to any firearms code.... If she was arrested for law numerating related to firearms offense then yeah it should be questioned.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you referring to police officers or dispatchers?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    IMO, on the policy end of this disclosure of information.... this is a backdoor executive decision outside of legislative control to make a de facto duty to inform in PA. It should be fought.
    Exactly. I don't understand why some on here are supporting this, or acting like it isn't a big deal..? Sure, if you get that 1 in 10 "cool" cop with a level head, you'll be fine. But what about the ones with chips on their shoulders? They can make your life hell, all because you were legally carrying, which had NOTHING to do with why you were stopped in the first place.

The even bigger issue, other than dealing with bad cops, is the future doors this opens. We're at the point where they are already automatically "surveilling"/detecting you, profiling you and assuming you have bad intentions, and next thing could be something much worse that bypasses the realm of congressional action. Can't happen? Look at every, EVERY agency under the govt who issues rules and regulations as law. No congress needed... but next thing you know, you're getting your gun taken from you during a stop for no reason, and after years of fighting, you still wont have it back. Again, don't think it can happen? How about current search and seizure laws? MANY people over the years have had money and other things confiscated, with no due process, no evidence of guilt, only suspicion... and they STILL have not gotten their money back.

This scares me... and it should scare you too. I have no idea why this isn't a bigger issue right now, especially among the ranks here..?

Heck, I even contacted my rep and haven't heard anything back, and he's pro-gun.

It all starts with a little push... no big deal... until next thing you know, you're rolling down a hill hitting your head off of rocks.

Oh, and try "not answering" that question by a bull-headed cop... see how well that goes for you, and how much he cares about your rights. Have you seen how some of them act when a person refuses to roll down their window? Yeah, good luck with that.. "right" or not, it happens, and will only get worse the farther down the road we go.
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; March 23rd, 2017 at 09:39 AM.
    III%

My son got a ticket in haverclown yesterday for going down a street at 4:10 when sign said do not enter
    between 4-6pm. He didn't see the sign but the cop didnt want to hear any of it, even after he told the cop
    someone hit and run his car a few days ago costing him 1k deductible.

$170.00 fine. Told him to fight it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    My son got a ticket in haverclown yesterday for going down a street at 4:10 when sign said do not enter
    between 4-6pm. He didn't see the sign but the cop didnt want to hear any of it, even after he told the cop
    someone hit and run his car a few days ago costing him 1k deductible.

$170.00 fine. Told him to fight it.
    You lost me here. What exactly does that have to do with your son allegedly not seeing the sign and committing a minor MVC violation ?

Havertown police lay in wait to write a ticket. Their next favorite thing is free coffee and donuts. Their reputation is well known in Delco.
    Last edited by Iron Sights; March 24th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You lost me here. What exactly does that have to do with your son allegedly not seeing the sign and committing a minor MVC violation ?
    Crying poor. You never did that when you were a kid?

(Montgomery County)

LTFC info comes up automatic when they run your drivers license. Been that way for about a year now. Cops can see it on their in car computers or the dispatcher can tell them if they ask.

(Schuylkill County)

I think our license should also inform police what religion we are affiliated with, voter registration, sexual orientation, and favorite position. For officer safety they should know if the people they are interacting with are Godless freaks with mental disorders.
    Sarcasm!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 MagFan View Post
    LTFC info comes up automatic when they run your drivers license. Been that way for about a year now. Cops can see it on their in car computers or the dispatcher can tell them if they ask.
    Not automatically. Luzerne County suspended this earlier in the year. Have to ask for the info now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast