Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Beretta A350

Default Beretta A350

Anyone have any experience with the Beretta A350? I think I am going to pick one up, but my concern is the guns ability to reliably cycle light target loads, like 3 dram 1oz shells. I know the 3.5" inertia guns can be problematic with the real light loads. I assume the gas guns have an easier time, but just wanted to double check. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Beretta A350

I don't have any first hand experience with that gun but I've never shot a 3.5" semi that could cycle light target loads reliably. You might be ok with the 3 dram I don't know. If you're worried about shooting target loads I would stick with a 3" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I don't have any first hand experience with that gun but I've never shot a 3.5" semi that could cycle light target loads reliably. You might be ok with the 3 dram I don't know. If you're worried about shooting target loads I would stick with a 3" gun.
    Thanks! Are you talking specifically about 3.5" inertia guns or gas guns. I have to believe that gas guns (like the A350) would have an easier time, but I am not certain.

(Lackawanna County)

I have an A400 and it cycles EVERYTING I run thru it flawlessly. Light target loads for sporting clays to 3.5" magnums for turkeys. My friend has an older Xtrema and has no issues with any target load. Not sure if the gas systems are the same but I wanted to let u know my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by sontavas View Post
    Thanks! Are you talking specifically about 3.5" inertia guns or gas guns. I have to believe that gas guns (like the A350) would have an easier time, but I am not certain.
    Either one. Like I said I cannot specifically speak to the Beretta that you're talking about, but I used to work in a gun shop and we would have guys trying to return guns all the time because they wouldn't cycle target loads. It was always a 3.5" gun (Mossberg, Remington, Winchester, Browning, whatever). The Beretta may be better I don't know. Generally speaking IMO if you want to shoot target loads, stick with a 3" gun.

I know I am reviving an old thread, but I have new information that some folks may find useful if they are considering an A350.

I ended up getting the Beretta A350 last year. I was hopeful that it would cycle small shells, but I ended up having nothing but problems. It simply would not eject any light loads. So, I sent it back to Beretta they installed an "upgraded gas port" and "updated spring". There was no cost, everything was under warranty. I took it to the range yesterday and now it will chew through anything that you put in it. It cycled flawlessly and would lock the bolt back after the last shot every time. I am excited and cant wait to shoot some more trap/skeet.

(Lackawanna County)

That's awesome news. Like I said earlier I have the A400 and it chews thru anything that I run thru it. It's good to hear that they took it in and worked on it with no questions asked. I guess u do get what u pay for. My friend has a 20 O/U silver pigeon that he took a stumble with and cracked the fore end on it. He sent it back to them fully expecting to get a bill. It was sent back that they replaced the fore end and the stock they told him that they replace them in pairs so the wood matches. NO COST TO HIM . . . I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Beretta.

Rob