Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default I Need Help Re-assembling a S&W 22 Victory - NE PA

Please don't laugh at me... well I guess it is kind of funny. I'm trying to install a TandemKross trigger in my new S&W Victory 22 pistol. There is one step where you need to place a small spring and detent into the top of the trigger all to be held in place by the trigger bar while at the same time installing the trigger pin. If you don't hold everything perfectly aligned the spring goes flying across the room. Lost the first spring twice... ordered two more replacements... lost the second even though I tried to assemble inside a large plastic bag... peeked into the bag to see how I was doing and the spring and detent flew out past my face.

I've got one spring and detent left and need a qualified person to help me. I am willing to travel 2 or 3 hours one way to get this fixed properly while I wait. I've tried several local gunsmiths... all were too busy or had no interest.

As FYI I'm 71 years old and I have rheumatoid arthritis so my hands don't work that well. Any positive suggestions are most welcome.

Default Re: I Need Help Re-assembling a S&W 22 Victory - NE PA

Best advice,go to youtube they give the breakdown and reassembly in a video.I have used this method on Rugers MK ll and llls !

(Wyoming County)

I appreciate the advice, but my problem isn't knowing what to do (I viewed the video before I started) but rather having the manual dexterity to perform the steps.

(Monroe County)

You can check out my posts in this section and decide if I have the quals. But I'm willing to help and not too far. PM me if you want my help.

I love how the vid "skips" fwd on them actually getting the spring and detent under the trigger transfer bar.

I have an idea on how to get it to go in.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; March 5th, 2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Would grease help hold things together while getting pin in?

(Lackawanna County)

I would help, I am however over 2 hours away. Try Sean at CDI in chalfont which may be closer, or there is a large range near you in montage mountain area.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Would grease help hold things together while getting pin in?
    This would be my suggestion.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

For something like this, I'd try a small thin flat-bladed screwdriver to hold the detent down to get it under the transfer bar. Detent pins and fingertips aren't always a good combination.

Sometimes a small straight punch through the pin holes in the frame, to temporarily keep parts in place, aids in reassembly too.

Like the OP said, it ain't the knowing how to do it part, he's asking for someone to help him.

Shame on the gunsmiths who didn't want to help you. I'd be willing to lend a hand if I was closer, but I'm not sure I qualify as qualified.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    For something like this, I'd try a small thin flat-bladed screwdriver to hold the detent down to get it under the transfer bar. Detent pins and fingertips aren't always a good combination.

Sometimes a small straight punch through the pin holes in the frame, to temporarily keep parts in place, aids in reassembly too.

Like the OP said, it ain't the knowing how to do it part, he's asking for someone to help him.

Shame on the gunsmiths who didn't want to help you. I'd be willing to lend a hand if I was closer, but I'm not sure I qualify as qualified.
    That's what I was thinking. We will see Thursday.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

I just watched the video. He says after the cut, "I was able to get the spring and detente in", I think he let out "somehow" from that statement. they didn't cut out footage for no reason. bad design. The original doesn't have these parts. Then you have to monkey around with the little washer he calls a bushing and the trigger pin, while not shooting the detente pin across the room. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast