Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Moving/Reapplying for LTCF?

Just looking for a bit of clarification here. I'm moving from Northampton County where I have a LTCF with my current address. I am moving to Monroe County later this month.

Is there any leeway to carry on my current LTCF after moving? Or will I effectively be unable to carry for the 45 or so days while I wait for Monroe County to do the background check?

No, I will not be keeping my former address despite moving north.
    Your neighborhood friendly candyman, Tim

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Moving/Reapplying for LTCF?

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman87 View Post
    Just looking for a bit of clarification here. I'm moving from Northampton County where I have a LTCF with my current address. I am moving to Monroe County later this month.

Is there any leeway to carry on my current LTCF after moving? Or will I effectively be unable to carry for the 45 or so days while I wait for Monroe County to do the background check?

No, I will not be keeping my former address despite moving north.
    Notify the (Northampton) sheriff of your address change, so when he notifies you that you're eligible for renewal you actually get the notice.

Done.

Period.

Full stop.

----------

Your LTCF is a state license issued by the sheriffs. As long as you are a resident of the state it remains valid. You don't have to deal with Monroe until you renew.

(Luzerne County)

There is no need to change your address on your LTCF. the license is state wide. If you want to change it you can go to northampton and they will do it. You will need your updated change of address card. Ithink its 10.00. they will run another background check.
    I called the sheriffs office. they have a recording stating this. I moved from Northampton to Luzerne and checked myself.
    Last edited by gdc; March 4th, 2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: cant type fast enough and spelling

Good to know... Northampton County seems to be much easier to deal with than Monroe County. I'll see what I need to do to get my address updated with Northampton County Sheriff.

(Indiana County)

Your current LTCF is valid until it expires. The old address on it is immaterial as long as your new address is on your driver's license (I think you have 15 days).

You might want to notify the Northampton County Sheriff of your new address, but you don't have to. Of course, when it comes time to renew your license you'll have to do it in Monroe County.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Your current LTCF is valid until it expires. The old address on it is immaterial as long as your new address is on your driver's license (I think you have 15 days).

You might want to notify the Northampton County Sheriff of your new address, but you don't have to. Of course, when it comes time to renew your license you'll have to do it in Monroe County.
    Works for me. Thank you.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

Might be less hassle for him to just move back.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I moved from Washington County to Allegheny County a few years back. I called both Sheriffs trying to see whether or not I had to update my address, get a new permit, etc... All of the people I talked to acted as if this was the first time anyone had asked them this question. I was told that the permit is good state wide until expiration at which time I could renew in my new county of residence. When I questioned them about the change in address the response I got was "ummm oh yeah, I don't know, ummm give me your new address and I'll put a note in your file I guess".

Next time I moved I didn't bother. I'll just wait until expiration and renew in my new county.