Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: American Airlines outs those traveling with a firearm and makes it easier for the

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ask them what other types of bags require special handling.
    The ones with the drugs, of course.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: American Airlines outs those traveling with a firearm and makes it easier for the

I honestly dont see a problem with this, in fact i can argue it causes the airline to handle my bags better. I've traveled a lot, and when your at the baggage claim you can literally walk off with anyones bag in an instance without being noticed. not to mention how regular luggage gets "lost" all the time. I like that they mark the bag and it gets taken to an office where only i can pick it up with my ID. and you better believe marked bags are being monitored more closely. It always made me extremely cautious when i had a bag with a gun in it handled like the rest of the luggage. I always tried to rush out of the plane to baggage claim to be the 1st to see my bag arrive. now you can take your time and pick your bag up at your convenience.

and FYI this isnt that new of a policy, thats how they handled a bag for me in 2015. i cant say for certain if it was american airlines but it was 100% handled like this flying from philly to MT and back in 2015.

Title 18 U.S.C., Section 922(e): “No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container contains a firearm.” In other words, don’t write “Guns inside!” on your baggage and don’t let the airline do it either.

(Delaware County)

I think that this is likely a policy response to the guy in FL back in January who claimed his bag, loaded his pistol and opened fire on the people in Baggage Claim. It doesn't mean that this revised AA policy (and probably others) will prevent other such attacks, but it allows the airline to inform the interested press that they did something about the January incident.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    FYI

Those firearms goes directly to the managers office until it's time to for it to leave the bag chute and then it's most often hand delivered to the Plane by the manager or the employee that's running the route... and best believe that employee is being watched

I used to work there
    What, does this happen like once a year there?

Up here the TSA are spilling bullets on the ground helping fools (like me) get their crap in order. I had a guy helping me unload mags because I forgot mag covers. In Georgia they asked me if I wanted to take my gun on the plane or check it. TWICE. I wanted to say, "What are my options?" I looked around for a second, and said, "I want to check it."

Planes have to be crawling with guns, I can't imagine how they would treat them like Picassos. You must have worked at the least gunliest airport this side of Jersey.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Always felt heavy gun-size packages addressed to Bob's Gun Shop made it awful tempting to delivery workers.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    What, does this happen like once a year there?

Up here the TSA are spilling bullets on the ground helping fools (like me) get their crap in order. I had a guy helping me unload mags because I forgot mag covers. In Georgia they asked me if I wanted to take my gun on the plane or check it. TWICE. I wanted to say, "What are my options?" I looked around for a second, and said, "I want to check it."

Planes have to be crawling with guns, I can't imagine how they would treat them like Picassos. You must have worked at the least gunliest airport this side of Jersey.
    All you had to do was tape the mags over, no need to unload if you forgot mag covers.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    So now I know who to mug at the airport. Made my job a lot easier.
    Is this just like the OCers who get their gun taken off of them?

(Delaware County)

Looks like this may be a tsa thing
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...cked-firearms/
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ask them what other types of bags require special handling.
    Musical instruments for one, at least anecdotally. Last time I flew out of Pittsburgh, a semi-popular death metal band from Europe checked their gear at the special handling counter where my guns were checked. Same tags, same process. My cases were indistinguishable from theirs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast