Hi all, recently moved from Montco down to Chesco in the Downingtown area. From my home, I have heard gun shots in a number & succession that lead me to believe it was target practice. As well, while hiking through Marsh Creek park, I've also heard what sounded like some target practice. I'm aware of a few gun clubs but I can't imagine the sound traveled that far with such volume and so clearly to the areas I was in at the time.

I know as well that it is illegal within the boro of Downingtown to fire a gun or even an air gun in your yard. So I'm curious if anyone knows of a place to shoot outdoors in the immediate area(not French Creek park). I would also be willing to pay a sane, reasonable fee to anyone willing to open up their land with enough space to shoot outdoors. I know the laws differ from township to township. For instance I know someone who lives right by Cheney college with enough acreage who uses his land to shoot and hunt without issue from the town. However, I only knew him through his girlfriend who my wife works with, and they're no longer together. In passing conversation with my daughter's schoolmate's parents, they'd been using their family's farm to shoot not too far away.

Any info is greatly appreciated.