Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: PA Bill for Background Checks for Ammunition Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    This is all designed to wear us down. Spending our time and energy fighting these bills. Fight we must though, especially with gungrabber and Bloombergista puppet Wolf in office. How about a bill making it a felony to question the right of Pennsylvania citizens to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and others?

All banning internet sales of ammo does to criminals, is maybe, at worst, make it inconvenient for criminals to procure ammunition. They will get it by whatever means necessary. If it becomes more expensive, they will just commit more crimes to cover their increased operating costs. Liberals do not seem to understand that. Their laws only harm the law-abiding and actually provide incentives for criminals to commit more crimes against the law-abiding. That is really their plan. It is all part of the goal of eradicating the Second Amendment by any and all means.

Banning internet sales also makes it impossible to get specific cartridges for normal firearms but that are not available off the shelf at gun shops and even big box retailers. In NY, where they do restrict ammo sales to the law-abiding, just try to find 7.5 x 55 Swiss or .32 Super that is not +P or 45-70 or most SASS ammo. Gun grabbers are not even knowledgeable enough about firearms to understand that impact.
    Point well taken. The extreme proposals by these lapdogs would be a waste of Money for the antis to chase. Even our enemies evaluate reality when opening their wallets. Pa. is not NY, CT, or CA. Perhaps a less extreme measure at this juncture of time would prompt more financial support from the antis.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I don't know what is going on in Pennsylvania but I am glad I left long ago. You have an idiot mayor in Philadelphia taxing anything with sugar or even artificial sweetener so people now shop in the burbs cutting revenue. You have more and more anti gun politicians. You have an AG that does not seem to support gun rights once again. Not sure 5 years from now what will happen.
    On the news earlier today there was a mention of three area Pepsi plants having to lay off some of their employees due to sales dropoff as a result of Mayor Weirdo's soda tax.I hope he's happy now, that he has caused people their jobs...
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I agree. Worse, legitimate shooters may go through 1,000 rounds in an outing, becoming responsible shooters who hit what they aim at and are unlikely to have ND's.

Criminals can get by with the same 10 rounds for years, only shooting when they kill someone. A criminal may use up 1 box of 50 rounds in a drive-by shooting; we use that much just teaching the wife how to reduce her flinch at the range.

It's cheap to point a loaded gun at someone and take his money; it's expensive to practice responsibly.

This proposal is exactly the opposite of something Constitutional, since the principle (if not only) impact is against the law-abiding. Any law which burdens an enumerated right, without having a huge impact on some major societal evil, is presumptively unconstitutional. As this one is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Dude! You aughta be a lawyer...
    I'd rather he was one of our legislators, and while I'm doing wishful thinking can I get rid of Toomey & Casey and replace with Cruz & Rand
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    I don't know what is going on in Pennsylvania but I am glad I left long ago. You have an idiot mayor in Philadelphia taxing anything with sugar or even artificial sweetener so people now shop in the burbs cutting revenue. You have more and more anti gun politicians. You have an AG that does not seem to support gun rights once again. Not sure 5 years from now what will happen.
    Actually, the state legislature is more Republican than ever. The governor even signed the semi-auto for hunting bill.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Yes sir, that will be $10 for the ammo, $2 for pics, and $.72 tax...
    Oh and $1.50 tax on the cold coke you are drinking.. ah so refreshing
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234