Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

At Toys R US When my daughter was 2, we were shopping all day, wanted to be carried. My Glock 30SF kept feeling heavier. Here, somehow she had my sweater up on that side and was using it a foot rest. I didn't get Dad of the year.

(Berks County)

Many years ago I was carrying a Beretta 92 IWB. I was standing in line at the grocery store checkout when I felt a series of bumps against my weapon. Looked down, small child belonging to the lady in line behind me was headbutting my pistol.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't have any incidents of my own to share but I remember being in a barbershop a few years ago and one guy's turn is up.He sits in the barber's chair and right after the barber places the cover over the guy his handgun slips from wherever he had it tucked and loudly falls to the metal foot rest and then onto floor.It didn't go off or anything but a few people jumped when they noticed what it was that fell to the floor.The barber was not happy.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Fayette County)

I try not and let my pistol be seen, but if someone catches a glimpse of it for a second I really dont care.
    Not really a big deal, just keep going about your business.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Washington County)

You might be surprised how many wierdos think it is appropriate to walk up to you while you are working on a ladder and grab your lower leg to get your attention.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I try not and let my pistol be seen, but if someone catches a glimpse of it for a second I really dont care.
    Not really a big deal, just keep going about your business.
    My attitude, exactly!

(Juniata County)

Really can*t believe all these posts and no one has said it.

But most of these issues can be avoided just by open carry.

Sure, you can be embarrassed when you wife walks in and finds a dude pegging you, or you can avoid the embarrassment by just admitting your gay and avoiding the whole situation.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Years ago I had a routine doctors appointment. Normally it*s the typical stuff- weight, BP, review meds and get a blood draw. For some reason I don*t remember, this time he decided to check my ankles and feet. Took off shoes and socks but left my ankle holster in place up inside my pant leg. Well, the good doctor decides he needs to grab my lower leg to test my ankle for range of movement. Had his hands DIRECTLY on the holster with my double stack 9mm inside. He must*ve been shocked because he didn*t say a word but immediately moved to the other leg and found everything *fine*. I thought it was funny!
    Another incident- we were invited to a friends wedding. They own a farm and wanted a *country* theme in their barn, with attendees dressing in western garb. I don*t have much western clothing BUT my dad used to enjoy cowboy shooting and I have some of that gear. I found one of his bolos, a cowboy hat and his gun belt, complete with cartridge loops all around it. I fully loaded the belt and put my Colt 357 Trooper in it. While we were eating (picnic- style), a couple guys started asking me if it was real. I said or course it*s real and that I just recently used it at the range
    Last edited by arks; July 23rd, 2020 at 04:56 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Well none that I've experienced myself but I do recall seeing a guy in a shopping center parking lot.This fool was wearing loose fitting sweatpants and he had what looked like some type of Glock in the waist pocket.The gun didn't appear to be holstered as the hand grip was very visible and the weight of the weapon was causing his pants to sag.
    He was pushing a shopping cart and walking with a female companion whom he was sharing a laugh with.If someone wanted that gun it wouldn't have taken much for them to run up behind him and snatch it from his pocket.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

When I'm carrying OWB in the winter and we go out to eat, I just take my coat off and don't worry about it. My wife enjoys checking out the reactions. People will gawk behind my back, but not to my face. She really got a kick out of some girls at an Italian restaurant who got all googly-eyed and were leaning towards each other over the table to whisper and gesture towards me, but they clammed up when I looked around.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast