Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

Was carrying IWB and I was putting up my tailgate on the truck and it caught the grip and pulled it right out of the holster and fell on the street. Needless to say I ditched that holster.
    Young couple was walking by just as it happened. Wow, if you could see the look on their faces.lol.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    My favorite reveal was in Florida, but it wasn't the gun that was visible. We flew down to visit my mom. I was carrying my Kahr CM9 in a Galco King Tuck the whole time. After a few days, she and I went to Lowe's since I was doing some home improvement work, and when we unloaded my rental car, she noticed my pistol vault in the trunk.

"What's that?"
    "It's my pistol vault."
    "What's that for? You didn't bring a gun, did you?!?"
    "Yup."
    "Well, what good does it do locked in the trunk?"
    "It's not in the trunk."

She asked about the law, so I explained the airline/TSA procedures, reciprocity, and FL law. It was no problem, she knows I carry, but her utter surprise really cracked me up. I bought that holster just for that trip, and it conceals the Kahr pretty darn well.
    I used the King Tuck at my step sister's wedding. For pictures people put their hands around me and right on my gun and I grabbed their hands and moved them up to my rib cage. That was probably my biggest reveal, since I normally OC, although I am sure most people expected it anyway. Funny thing is, this past Sunday (Easter) my brother in law comes to me as "the gun guy" and asking about how you are not allowed to carry in Miami or Philly. They live in Philly and had their wedding there. I do conceal at his house but I don't exactly try hard. I just look a lot wider and bulgy all over. The whole family is looking at him like he is an idiot. They are all libs, mostly gunless, but know I carry at all times. He is not an idiot, he is a decent guy, and has become my family, but perhaps he is a little clueless or not very observant.

I usually conceal when out of state. In Mobile there were two cops in uniform getting smashed in a bar. One goes outside to smoke. I went outside, I forget why, perhaps I was smoking then. it's like 95° at night (that place is brutal) and I got a T-shirt over OWB. I start talking to the drunk cop about guns and he looks straight at my waist and zeros in on my gun, which was not hard to do. He didn't give a crap, we just shot the shit.

I don't know if those count as reveals, but like I said, I don't conceal much. So it's the best I got that I know of.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Lancaster County)

Well last night at subway. Reached for wallet. Some how my xds 45 clip had my shirt inside. When I pulled my shirt away to get my wallet I flipped the xds right out of my pants. I caught it out of the air about knee high and jambed it down my pants. Paid and left. Felt horrible but at least it didn't bounce or hit the ground.

If you take a running leap about 3 feet down to a sidewalk, it is possible for your revolver to pop out of a Safariland upside down shoulder holster, and tumble along the sidewalk.

If you're lucky, it will tumble at same speed you're trotting, and you can scoop it up without missing a step , like nothing happened.

(Carbon County)

never kept track......because I don't give a fuck

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Montgomery County)

Security gaurd saw my firearm printing when I bent over and follow me a bit in the Montgomery Mall. He eventually approached me as I realized he was following us almost immediately even though he was 20 yards behind (situational awareness people!) He said that there are no guns allowed in the mall and that there are signs at the door. I told him that I've been coming to this mall for YEARS and never once saw a no guns sign. Apparently according to him there are a few, but there are many entrances. I've never seen one and the two entrances I use do not have one.

He was nice though I guess, he didn't ask me to leave he just said next time leave it in the car. (Yeah right) It was a young guy.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

never kept track......because I don't give a fuck

This quote brought to you by "middlefinger".
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chester farmer View Post
    Well last night at subway. Reached for wallet. Some how my xds 45 clip had my shirt inside. When I pulled my shirt away to get my wallet I flipped the xds right out of my pants. I caught it out of the air about knee high and jambed it down my pants. Paid and left. Felt horrible but at least it didn't bounce or hit the ground.
    You should have let it bounce. People get shot by someone grabbing a gun in mid-air.

I think that's how Plaxico Burress shot himself - the gun was falling down his sweatpants and he grabbed at it.

Now THAT was a bad CC reveal.

(Delaware County)

My only experience was a couple years ago when I lived in Lower Merion Twp in SEPA. I had my Lc9s IWB under a vest suitable for fall weather. I was in WAWA, a convenience store, buying coffee. As I stepped up to the register to pay I pulled my vest back to access my pocket that held my money. My EDC was visible. A Twp LEO was in the line next to me. He obviously saw the gun.

He asked me if I would please step outside after I paid. I thought: Am I going to get raft of BS when I meet the LEO outside? Much to my amazement that was not the case. The Officer wanted to know what I was carrying since it concealed so well even when I pulled my vest back. He said he was going to by a new gun to back up his duty pistol and for carry while off duty. I told him it was a Ruger Lc9s a great EDC gun. He asked me if he could see the gun and hold it. We moved to a spot where it would be difficult o be seen. I unholstered the gun and cleared it to be safe. He handled it and said he thought it might be a perfect solution for him. We exchanged a niceties, and I was on my way, while being totally amazed the the Officer did not hassle me. He never asked for ID or LTCF. I hope that is the worst encounter I ever have.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You should have let it bounce. People get shot by someone grabbing a gun in mid-air.

I think that's how Plaxico Burress shot himself - the gun was falling down his sweatpants and he grabbed at it.

Now THAT was a bad CC reveal.
    With an XD-S you might be fine . . . but if it's a Sig P320 you better dive for that sucker!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast