Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Worst concealed-carry "reveal" you've had

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Whenever I reach something on a high shelf for little old ladies at the grocery store.

A few years ago I was helping two young ladies move. I was carrying something onto the truck and my shirt rode up. I heard a high pitched noise when one of them saw it but it was never mentioned.
    Yea, i get that when the ladies see my "gun" for the first time.

Uh huh.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    The Mrs. came up to me and whispered in somewhat of a conspiratorial tone "Honey, you're showing"...

I was sure it wasn't possible for I had a great holster and cover garment.

Then she kissed me, reached out, and pulled up my zipper....

WTF????
    you have room in your drawers for a pistol?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

when I go over to friends or family I un-holster and put my firearm on top of the refrigerator because I like to play with the kids and I don't want them to get bruised on the pistol when we are roughhousing. I don't make a scene, just stick it up there when no ones looking. My nieces boyfriend is very tall, He sees it up there and says to me in a loud voice "its not like you need a GUN when your over here!" I just laughed and said "you never know...."
    My sister in law goes, "Hey, speaking of which, I have been meaning to talk to you about getting a good pistol for my night stand."
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lackawanna County)

I dropped a holstered LCP once getting out of my car in a quiet neighborhood. Nobody was around. Lame story.

(Butler County)

I can't say I have ever had an experience where my weapon showed at a bad time, in front of wrong company, or I dropped it publicly, etc. But I do have a similar experience to share: Once I traded a car to a dealer as partial payment for another car....and left a spare mag in a compartment inside. I had to call and explain what I did and ask for permission to grab it. They did better than that. They told me to stop by, even after hours, it would be in the mailbox. I also politely said that I hoped it didn't freak them out or cast a suspicious or unfavorable light on me with them. I was promptly informed that they were in fact a very old fashioned God-fearing gun-toting family who supports 2a rights, and that they totally understood and not to worry about a thing. Happy ending!

(Butler County)

As far as something I saw someone else do: Once I was at the range on a busy day, and come lunchtime people started to leave one by one. After that there about 6 of us left and someone went to their car to get something. Upon doing so he discovered that one of the people who left actually DROPPED a loaded snubby in a holster where his car had been parked, and brought it back to the booths and announced his find. The police were called, and they came and made a report and collected the gun. The guy who lost it must have eventually got a phone call that made him feel like a complete moron. If not, he SHOULD have! Lmao!!

On more than one occasion , I've run into someone who gave me an enthusiastic hug , which pushed up my concealing garment , drawing unwanted attention and more than one phone call to the police.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

As a guy who OCs from time to time, I just about never care if it's visible... except at work, where carry is technically forbidden. G43 in a pocket holster goes unnoticed.

Worst thing I ever had happen holster related was while carrying a SA pistol cocked and locked... the safety worked itself into the off position. I stopped using that holster immediately.

(Bucks County)

Christmas dinner at SIL home in Hammonton PRNJ. I'm wearing a nice shirt with smooth bottom that can be worn untucked. It was untucked. I had installed a clip on my P3AT and it was appendix IWB. Until I bent forward to pet the dog. Clatter...on the tiled kitchen floor. Host's 17-year-old granddaughter quickly spun and walked to another counter and busied herself. BIL said nothing. Last time I ever used that clip and never will again.
    Last edited by Bang; March 11th, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post

Worst thing I ever had happen holster related was while carrying a SA pistol cocked and locked... the safety worked itself into the off position. I stopped using that holster immediately.

Yep , I've had , and heard tell of dozens more incidents of mostly extended safeties working 'off' , sometimes with bad results. That's why I prefer a holster with a thumbreak strap the fits tightly on the back of the slide with the hammer back , and I also prefer a standard thumb safety.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast