Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics Planet

(Beaver County)

Thumbs down Optics Planet

They fucking suck ass. I bought this red dot from them in January, it took 9 days to get to me, I ended up returning it and 2 weeks later, still no refund. I got the email saying it was returned and processing then nothing. I called, waited on hold for a while, got nowhere and I'm fucking pissed. Am I going to have to dispute this charge to get my money back or what? Why ever buy anything from a store that isn't amazon? I could have had it in 2 days and then had a much easier time returning it. Instead, I'm still dealing with this shit a month later. I've never had such a hard time returning anything. MidwayUSA, amazon, brownells, they all do the returns just as quickly as they ship the shit.

Default Re: Optics Planet

have you tried supporting your local shop? I can tell you, my last two orders with optics planet were cancelled. they list items in stock to dropshop from their distributors, but were unable to deliver on either product. there are plenty of quality online retailers (primary arms, aim surplus, lanbo's, etc) but at this point I am happy to pay a few more dollars to deal with companies that have earned my business rather than chasing the lowest price. I had a bad experience with Primary Arm's Amazon shop & Marsh went out of his way to make it right even though I wasn't asking for a replacement.

(York County)

itchinesu -

For my part, I support my LGS (both of them) regularly. Both are small (physically) and focus on volume-selling items: guns, holsters, ammo, etc. I mostly order online things I can't get from them anyway.

Ammo is definitely the exception to that. I almost never buy ammo at LGS. The 'cost upside' is just too big. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay $400 for a case of .223 55 grain FMJ brass target rounds I can get online for ~$300 (real example just from this last weekend). SOMETIMES on super-duper-mega-sale I'll find ammo for 'street price' at the LGS (somewhat more commonly at big-box stores), but even then I tend to prefer just having it delivered to my doorstep.

Misery -

As it happens I just ordered several things from them yesterday (first time) and it's already not looking good.

One item of the order that was listed 'in stock' turns out not to be in stock... and near as I can tell they're holding the ENTIRE order until it arrives. Presumably because it's a 'free shipping' order and they'd rather make me wait than "do the right thing" which (speaking as an e-tailer myself) would be ship what you got and eat the extra cost on two shipments. Of course the actual-right thing would be have stuff in stock when you say it's in stock, but that's yet-another story.

OTOH they DID charge me for the 5 items that were in stock but not the 6th... Which they're not supposed to (and they even said this) charge until they're ready to ship. So maybe they ARE shipping the other 5 items (though my order status still says "ordered" not shipped or with tracking or anything). Or maybe they're playing games and charging me because they are "ready" to ship those items, even though they aren't doing so?

I'm withholding full judgment until the order 'completes' for better or worse. Normally (assuming they do split the shipment, or ship it all in a reasonable time-frame) that would not necessarily prevent me giving them a 2nd chance. But given the inputs above, I'm not feeling optimistic about it.

Disappointing since their assortment is wider than many (I ordered because it was the only place I found I could get it all at once) and their prices are good. Of course none of that matters if it's a shell-game and their 'assortment' is good because they're BS-ing that drop-ship items are 'in stock'.
    Last edited by KCJones; February 27th, 2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: forgot 'not'
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Live and learn

dear.jpg
    Last edited by JDA58; February 27th, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    have you tried supporting your local shop? I can tell you, my last two orders with optics planet were cancelled. they list items in stock to dropshop from their distributors, but were unable to deliver on either product. there are plenty of quality online retailers (primary arms, aim surplus, lanbo's, etc) but at this point I am happy to pay a few more dollars to deal with companies that have earned my business rather than chasing the lowest price. I had a bad experience with Primary Arm's Amazon shop & Marsh went out of his way to make it right even though I wasn't asking for a replacement.
    My wife and I had a conversation about that because the few local shops we have kind of suck. They're not earning our business. National Armory in Moon specifically. We went in there to look at a new pistol for me before I bought the 92FS, all they had were Glocks and guns nobody talks about or wants and all of it was overpriced. Also, the guy was talking to me about a CZ P05 when I didn't ask about CZs, they didn't even have any and that model doesn't even exist. I asked if he meant the P10C but he corrected me and said it was the P05. Reminded me of when I wanted to see the Stevens 320 at Dick's (excuse me while I shame vomit) a few years ago and the guy corrected me because apparently it's called a Savage Ghost. I basically don't expect anyone to ever be good at any job they do anywhere and combine that with shitty prices, shit selection and you get a shop I'm not going to waste my time going to. I asked them to price a Canik TP9 Elite and it was $470. I could order one from prepper gun shop, have it shipped to one of a half dozen different FFLs that do $20ish transfers and still stay under $400. Instead, I bought a used Beretta from Armslist and I'm happy as a pig in shit. We even did the transfer at a local guy's house. His business is called Master ammo. $20 transfer, good conversation, even had a cute dog that came in briefly. Much better than going to Island Firearms, paying double and smelling worms for an hour while filling out all the paperwork in that dark, hole in the wall shop.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    My wife and I had a conversation about that because the few local shops we have kind of suck. They're not earning our business. National Armory in Moon specifically. We went in there to look at a new pistol for me before I bought the 92FS, all they had were Glocks and guns nobody talks about or wants and all of it was overpriced. Also, the guy was talking to me about a CZ P05 when I didn't ask about CZs, they didn't even have any and that model doesn't even exist. I asked if he meant the P10C but he corrected me and said it was the P05. Reminded me of when I wanted to see the Stevens 320 at Dick's (excuse me while I shame vomit) a few years ago and the guy corrected me because apparently it's called a Savage Ghost. I basically don't expect anyone to ever be good at any job they do anywhere and combine that with shitty prices, shit selection and you get a shop I'm not going to waste my time going to. I asked them to price a Canik TP9 Elite and it was $470. I could order one from prepper gun shop, have it shipped to one of a half dozen different FFLs that do $20ish transfers and still stay under $400. Instead, I bought a used Beretta from Armslist and I'm happy as a pig in shit. We even did the transfer at a local guy's house. His business is called Master ammo. $20 transfer, good conversation, even had a cute dog that came in briefly. Much better than going to Island Firearms, paying double and smelling worms for an hour while filling out all the paperwork in that dark, hole in the wall shop.
    Fwiw, my best experience from a LGS, in the Pittsburgh Area was at Veronesi gunworks, just north of Kittanning. I have been to quite a few in the area. As you mentioned Island Firearms is absolutely horrible.

The one thing I did like about national armory, is that they had all their pistols out, so you could handle them without asking

Pretty sure if I googled solar powered vibrating five headed dildo Optics Planet would come up near the top of the search with at least three solar powered vibrating five headed dildos to view in stock and 30% cheaper than all competition. Only to be dismayed when I received an e-mail immediately following the completed order that the solar powered vibrating five headed dildo of my choice was back ordered for 3 to 6 weeks.

Friends don't let friends place orders from Optics Planet.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Pretty sure if I googled solar powered vibrating five headed dildo Optics Planet would come up near the top of the search with at least three solar powered vibrating five headed dildos to view in stock and 30% cheaper than all competition. Only to be dismayed when I received an e-mail immediately following the completed order that the solar powered vibrating five headed dildo of my choice was back ordered for 3 to 6 weeks.

Friends don't let friends place orders from Optics Planet.
    I have one of those for sale, in the classifieds section.....

Only slightly used.

And by slightly, I mean heavily

(Beaver County)

It takes 1, maybe business days to ship, 14+ to process returns. They said return volume is heavy. Do they have 1 fucking person doing returns? Anyway, I guess it's good that I don't need the money so one day when I (hopefully) get my fucking money back, I can buy myself a case of 9mm ammo. For fuck sake, never buy anything from this goddamn website.

Hokkmike Guest

Optic Planet's reviews are TERRIBLE... Most people concur with you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast