Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics Planet

(York County)

Default Re: Optics Planet

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Winning.
    Nice one!

But you won't be truly 'winning' until you get on MY ignore list which currently consists of 1 and takes some real effort to make...

Not even free has 'won' that (yet).
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Nice one!

But you won't be truly 'winning' until you get on MY ignore list which currently consists of 1 and takes some real effort to make...

Not even free has 'won' that (yet).
    Honestly don't care who's list I'm on. I consider it an honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    So shit you could have bought anywhere? Hopefully you don't need to return any of that because you'll be waiting a month. The internet shop world is so saturated with vendors that there's really no reason to accept this kind of shit. There are hundred of other websites where you can spend your money.

Fortunately, I don't have to read any of ARJohnson's posts until someone quotes him because he's on my ignore list. I assume the comment about "another rant" was directed at me. I do post a lot of those though.
    Nah, the scope works great, shot it today, 40$ less than anywhere else (except dicks, I didn't go to dick's). and the mags were a good price, about 5$ off for each, shipping was free with my dvor bucks. I can't send those back because they had to be modified for a 92S (italian mag release in the bottom) so a small notch needs to be dremmeled for the mag catch. Super happy with all my OP purchases. Sorry about your luck, cheese.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Honestly don't care who's list I'm on. I consider it an honor.
    \

With you on the first part: I don't try to piss people off, but I don't hold back, I probably write too much, I say what I think and I DGAF what others think of it. Suspect I'm on quite a few "lists." Oh well.

But is it really an honor? I'd have to care for it to be that, and I don't. I assume others don't either, and that's why I only 'ignore' those who are just truly both obnoxious AND un-entertaining. Takes me fractions of a second to scroll past posts I don't care to read. Most aren't worth the effort to ignore.

Keep it real.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

\

With you on the first part: I don't try to piss people off, but I don't hold back, I probably write too much, I say what I think and I DGAF what others think of it. Suspect I'm on quite a few "lists." Oh well.

But is it really an honor? I'd have to care for it to be that, and I don't. I assume others don't either, and that's why I only 'ignore' those who are just truly both obnoxious AND un-entertaining. Takes me fractions of a second to scroll past posts I don't care to read. Most aren't worth the effort to ignore.

Keep it real.
    I have my reasons that I'll tell ya.

(Beaver County)

Anyway, back on topic. I FINALLY got my refund today! They received it 2-13 and I got my money back on 3-1. Jesus. Learn from my mistake, friends. Don't buy from this company.

(York County)

Update.

I received my order placed on 2/26 today, sans the 'out of stock' item.

Brief chronology:

Placed order 2/26, all items "in stock"
    2/27 received notice that one item was not ready to ship. Charged for the 5 items 'ready to ship'
    2/28 still nothing shipped. Suspect they're waiting for that last item to ship it all in one box, but holding my money on the 'ready' to ship items
    3/1 contact them to ask what's going on. They say they've charged me for the 'ready to ship' items, will ship all when other item comes in. ETA... "estimated probably 14 days"... I tell them to cancel the order.
    3/2 they respond, tell me they cannot cancel items "in process" will cancel the out of stock item and ship the rest
    3/2 the items are shipped by FedEx SmartPost (aka slowest shipping method on the planet)
    3/9 items arrive from IL to PA in a week (IL to PA is normally 2 days by most any method: UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, Priority Mail, First Class Mail...)

Mind you, had I not intervened, it woulda likely been a month or more to get my stuff.

So are they horrible awful terrible? Meh. The items that came were fine, the prices were pretty good.

I'll not be using them again unless a) they have something I just can't get anywhere else and b) I'm willing to wait a long time for it...
    DGAF

(Beaver County)

Update.

I received my order placed on 2/26 today, sans the 'out of stock' item.

Brief chronology:

Placed order 2/26, all items "in stock"
    2/27 received notice that one item was not ready to ship. Charged for the 5 items 'ready to ship'
    2/28 still nothing shipped. Suspect they're waiting for that last item to ship it all in one box, but holding my money on the 'ready' to ship items
    3/1 contact them to ask what's going on. They say they've charged me for the 'ready to ship' items, will ship all when other item comes in. ETA... "estimated probably 14 days"... I tell them to cancel the order.
    3/2 they respond, tell me they cannot cancel items "in process" will cancel the out of stock item and ship the rest
    3/2 the items are shipped by FedEx SmartPost (aka slowest shipping method on the planet)
    3/9 items arrive from IL to PA in a week (IL to PA is normally 2 days by most any method: UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, Priority Mail, First Class Mail...)

Mind you, had I not intervened, it woulda likely been a month or more to get my stuff.

So are they horrible awful terrible? Meh. The items that came were fine, the prices were pretty good.

I'll not be using them again unless a) they have something I just can't get anywhere else and b) I'm willing to wait a long time for it...
    This is common enough and there are enough businesses where you can place an order and have it in less than 5 days that there's no reason to ever buy from places like this. I'll wait for something I know is a special order or is being made to order like a custom holster or something. Waiting that long for items the website says are in stock because they take forever to ship or use the slowest shipping method on earth? Not a business I think is worth supporting under any circumstance. Kind of like freedom munitions. 8 days to ship and then they used the old "pay someone to walk it to PA" shipping method. 5 days to get from Washington to Illinois where the tracking says it is now. Good god.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Optics Planet new magazine policy

In case you didn't know Optics Planet has adopted a new magazine policy. They will no longer sell anything greater than 10 rounds
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(York County)

Default Re: Optics Planet new magazine policy

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    In case you didn't know Optics Planet has adopted a new magazine policy. They will no longer sell anything greater than 10 rounds
    Yeah, I saw that. Haven't bought from them since the order mentioned above anyway, but assuredly done with them now.
    DGAF

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast