Okay, guys, I know this has been discussed before, but given various changes in the rules (esp. in MO), thought I'd like to get current info:

I'm driving from PA to MO, passing through OH, IN, IL along the way. Keen to take both rifle and pistol because A) I'll be in St. Louis, not the safest place in the world + I just daily carry as a habit, and B) I'll be staying at the family farm with ample shooting opportunities.

If I'm right, this is the deal:

I'm valid in PA (LTCF of course). I'm valid in MO (they honor all other states and it's constitutional carry anyway). So FOPA applies. I'm good in IN, we have reciprocity. So OH and IL are where I'll be depending on FOPA and have to be properly stowed for that. I'm not sure if OH's "duty to inform" applies to out of state / FOPA situations.

Basically it boils down to "drive the speed limit and avoid stopping" in OH and IL. Hope like hell they remember FOPA if I'm pulled over. Need to find out if I have to inform in OH, should it be necessary.

OR, should I suck up the ~3 hours extra drive time and do PA, WV, KY, MO and no problems.

Hell, for 3 hours difference, I think I just answered my own question... but still, comments/info welcome.