Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Proposed Executive Order Designating Certain Rifles for ‘Militia Purposes’

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Currently US code says if your a man and between the ages of 17 and 45, you're automatically in the militia:
    That means I've been retired from the US Militia for a couple years now, where the fuck is my pension?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Proposed Executive Order Designating Certain Rifles for ‘Militia Purposes’

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    So, there goes M1911 types, Beretta 92s, .38 revolvers, .45 ACP moon-clip revolvers, certain semi-auto handguns from .32 ACP up, all muzzle-loaders used in past wars and any military bolt-actions, semi-automatic Garand M-1s and M1 Carbines as well as M-2s, rolling blocks, falling blocks, break-opens, pump action shotguns. Scalia left that door open and when questioned about it, he said "It will have to be decided". In this world, even the greatest does not ensure the 2nd will be safe.
    You forgot lever actions.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Currently US code says if your a man and between the ages of 17 and 45, you're automatically in the militia:
    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Title 51, Military Affairs

§ 301. Formation.

(a) Pennsylvania militia.--The militia of this Commonwealth shall consist of:

(1) all able-bodied citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, residing within this Commonwealth, who are at least 17 years six months of age and, except as hereinafter provided, not more than 55 years of age; and

(2) such other persons as may, upon their own application, be enlisted or commissioned therein.

(b) Pennsylvania naval militia.--The naval militia of this Commonwealth, when organized pursuant to rules and regulations promulgated by the Governor, shall consist of those persons as may, upon their own application, be enlisted or commissioned therein.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...23#post2891723
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That means I've been retired from the US Militia for a couple years now, where the fuck is my pension?
    You're getting it.

Retired militia pay is 50% of active duty militia pay.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Chester County)

You must have left the briefing early - everybody else got a mule and a 40 acre plot...
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

I'm way, way, way past the militia age. Gotta give away my guns, I guess.

(Lehigh County)

I'd be happy if they'd just give me a few thousand training rounds a year and a range that'll let me shoot more than twenty rounds a minute... I'd feel a lot well-er regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    So Trump could order us to restore order in the courts?

No it says all able bodied of that age. Able bodied to the court may mean that you have been certified as able bodied by a certain government. Do you believe that an 18 year old male with severe mental illness is a militia?

(Northumberland County)

Trump should sign an EO to accurize all AR15's!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post

No it says all able bodied of that age. Able bodied to the court may mean that you have been certified as able bodied by a certain government. Do you believe that an 18 year old male with severe mental illness is a militia?
    Personally I don't discriminate against people with disabilities. I wouldn't care if you're mentally ill, have a flipper, two heads, or exceed the age requirements. Deciding who gets discriminated against seems to be the Government's job not ours.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast