Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wyoming County)

Default Reflex sight on a carry gun?

Does anybody use a red dot/reflex sight on their carry gun?

I have a Burris Fastfire3 without a home. It was included with the 1-4x Burris TAC scope that I got for my AR. I took it off and it has sat in my safe ever since.

Came across thie video below video and it got me interested in researching the idea. Cost is only $20 for the attachment plate. Then again I'll probably have to buy a sight removal tool too. I'm on pause right now because I have only 1 carry gun (Glock 27). Checked my various holsters and it appears they will all still work.

Attachment plate found on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L9734Y6...I1D8UWS1OAEXXM
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Reflex sight on a carry gun?

I tried a FFIII on a slide mount for a 1911 shooting steel 1 season. I found it great for slow fire targets, but I could never get used to tracking the dot out of recoil and I was way slower on transitions with it. My gun wears the irons again. Of course, there are a boat load of shooters that are blazing fast with red dots, so it comes down to the individual. Which brings me to my point...

I would never change sights on a carry gun without having spent considerable time with what i intended to replace it with.

(Philadelphia County)

I've been thinking about it a lot lately and the dueck defense mount looks awesome because it includes BUIS but I haven't taken the plunge yet.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lancaster County)

One of my Glock 19's is milled with a RMR on it. I usually switch back and forth with my other 19 with just irons. The red dot takes some getting used to but I do feel that it is faster for me. I recently took off the suppressor height sights and now run it with no back up sights. It clears the window up and allows me to find the dot much faster.