Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Exclamation PA Republicans Are About to Win the POOREST District in PA

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

The 197th Legislative District represents the North Philadelphia neighborhoods of Feltonville, the area north of Temple U all the way to Juniata.

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...414657313.html

Can the number of times you flush your toilet and turn on your lights determine if you are eligible to be on the ballot for a state House district?

Why, yes, Commonwealth Court Judge Anne E. Covey ruled Thursday, it sure can.
    Covey booted from the ballot Frederick Ramirez, the Democratic nominee in the March 21 special election for the 197th District.

That came two weeks after Covey held a hearing on a challenge brought by four voters — two Democrats, two Republicans — in the North Philadelphia district who claimed the low levels of water and electricity usage at Ramirez’s home showed he didn’t really live there.

While Democratic voters were needed to challenge a Democratic candidate, this was really an efficient legal hit by the GOP. Linda Kerns, the Republican City Committee's associate general counsel, filed the challenge and was assisted by Annie Harvey, the local party’s deputy director.
    Customer service supervisors from the Water Department and Peco testified in the hearing that they could not discern from the levels of usage whether the home was regularly occupied, as Ramirez claimed.
    But Covey was convinced Ramirez didn’t really live there, noting that he testified he keeps an apartment in Andorra, sometimes sleeps at his girlfriend’s home in Bristol, and takes long trips to Florida and Puerto Rico.
    Last edited by streaker69; February 24th, 2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Removed profanity in title

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA Republicans Are About to Win the POOREST District in PA

I sat in Commonwealth Court and did some of the private investigative work on the Democratic candidate. He spends a lot of his time with his girl in Bristol. I pulled his water bills and it was showing 0 CCF for up to 4 months in a row before the meter would finally tick over.

This is what the Democrats picked after they had two previous state reps in that seat, both theirs, that were CONVICTED.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Cool. I wish we could flush more of them.

Great work!

(Philadelphia County)

There's still more work to be done.

Ms. Little needs funding and needs it quick to cover printing costs for leaflets.

Cheri Honkala, who was the Green Party's VPOTUS candidate in 2012, lives in the 197th and she's running as a write-in. Jill Stein is pimping her out and she's got plenty of money to get stamps made and sent out to voters (it's possible to win an election like this as write-in but it requires stamps... you can boot out votes with any typographical error).

Election Day is Mar 21, just days away. If Lucinda Little our Republican candidate wins the Republicans will have snatched away the poorest district in the state made up of nearly all minority voters. This would give literally the most economically-disadvantaged Pennsylvanians a very strong voice in Harrisburg and it's a district we will fight like hell to keep. Republicans in Philly are mostly comprised of all ex-Democrats who have been sick of the corruption in the Philly Dem Machine.

If Republicans are going to be a threat to the same-old same-old in Philly, nearly all of our growth will come from ex-Democrats, and that's our strategy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    ...did some of the private investigative work on the Democratic candidate....I pulled his water bills.....
    Seems sleazy.

(Berks County)

Last edited by streaker69; February 23rd, 2017 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Removed profanity in title
    Thank you for that information. We didn't have to speculate this time. The new norm I hope.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Thank you for that information. We didn't have to speculate this time. The new norm I hope.
    The thread title included two words that are used when something very extraordinary and stunning happens

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    The thread title included two words that are used when something very extraordinary and stunning happens
    Caitlin Jenner?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    The last time, I edited the thread title so fast that it didn't time stamp the edit. A little known thing about how vBulletin works, if you edit a post within about 30 seconds of it being posted, it doesn't time stamp the edit.

And are against the clearly written rules of the forum, regardless of how extraordinary it is.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Its Philly. I dont care......
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast