Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Glock 43 or Xds 9

I'm in the market to purchase a single stack 9mm. I've narrowed it down to the glock 43 and the xds 9. Does any one have any experience with either of these pistols? I am leaning towards the glock, not because I am a glock fan boy (in fact I don't own any glocks, but I do own a Springfield xd subcompact), but because I can get the glock with night sights for $411 through blue label. Any insights are appreciated.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Glock 43 or Xds 9

I don't have any experience with the xds but I do love my G43 and carry it often. I sold my shield once it was released.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Allegheny County)

Sorry to sidetrack but what do you like better about the glock 43 over the shield? I have the 9mm shield and am interested in the 43 but haven't shot one yet and having a hard time justifying having both.

(Berks County)

I've owned both. Most recently the glock. The 43 is a great carry gun, no doubt about it but the xds shoots like a bigger gun in my opinion. I got rid of my 43 because I did not enjoy shooting it at the range. No reason other then it was just a tad too small. If I don't like to shoot it then I don't keep it just for concealed carry. But I prefer to carry larger guns anyway. You can't go wrong with either but if I had to choose between the two again then it would be an xds.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Sorry to sidetrack but what do you like better about the glock 43 over the shield? I have the 9mm shield and am interested in the 43 but haven't shot one yet and having a hard time justifying having both.
    I think it is just a tad too big for what I'm looking for, although it is a tempting option. The other day I held both in my hand at and really liked them, however, I'm looking for a slightly smaller single stack 9 and the shield was just too big in my opinion. Im really looking for something that would be in between my xd subcompact and my ruger lcp custom.

(Chester County)

I prefer the shield, but for what you are asking, I'd go glock 43. Then I'd get hyve aftermarket mag extensions.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

1 extension which makes for 7+1= 8 rounds in the Glock 43,Slim,comfortable,easiest to load magazine without a magazine loader ( Shield is a bitch ) Very accurate 7 yards a consistent 2=3 inch groupings dead center X,and conceals the best in my opinion !I have owned the Glock 43 since they became available,I have Pearce =

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    No problem. I have a couple of threads where I explain in detail:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=280729
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=310892
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Cambria County)

If you have an XD. And shoot it well, you may want to stay with the XD. The grip on the Glock is a bit different. I didn't care for it, and endded up selling the Glock 19 I had. I have been shooting an XD for a while, and the Glock grip angle was totally different from what I was use to.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%