Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Allegheny County)

Default AR47 Build on GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII Lower

NOTE: Until I can replace all the missing pics that Photobucket (may they burn in hell) blocked, skip to post #113 for the start of more recent photos.

AR47
    - an AR15 that eats 7.62x39 ammo

My apologies in advance for starting this thread before I have finished pictures to post.
    I was going to put it in the rifle subforum, but all my other builds are in the pic thread. (since I post so many photos)
    I can assure you that there will be many more pics to follow as I work on this carbine.

I've had this "polymer" (it's fiber reinforced Nylon 6) GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII (link) lower for a year or two and I've finally decided that it will be the foundation for a 7.62x39 build

(this space reserved for photo of completed rifle)

Aside from a completed upper, I have accumulated everything else I would need.

One-piece lower/stock? CHECK!
    LPK? CHECK!
    Buffer/spring? CHECK!

So close and yet so far. Time to start sourcing parts for the upper!

I actually have two of these lowers - I slapped one of my 5.56 uppers on it to see how it looks/feels (the other one is slated to become a lightweight 5.56 build)

Initially I was just going to get a complete upper and slap it on and be done - just a basic "M4" style with A2 front sight similar to the example above. That may still happen, but what I really want to do is build it to my liking.

I've been following along with some other member AR47 threads and learning as I go, but if you have any input, experience, or suggestions, please feel free to add to the discussion because others reading will benefit from the info as much as I will.

Thanks!

ADDED: LINK to post within this thread with links to articles, tips and videos about the CAV-15 lower! (post #66)
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...68#post3508568
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 5th, 2018 at 08:36 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!