Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR47 Build on GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII Lower

I decided to put my sling on yesterday.

I was trying to decide if I wanted to use the provided slot in the stock, or purchase another type of mount when I remembered that I had a stock-mount spare magazine pouch laying around somewhere and put it on. Fits snug and it gave me a side mount sling loop to use!

I have a ton more photos to sort through and upload that I will post to show everything in more detail, but so far, so good.
    I made my own mount for the front of the sling using "paracord". It's not actual paracord, but I figured I'd try it with the cord I had on hand, and if it works out, I can replace it with better quality cord later.

I'm hoping to get a reasonable red dot for the carbine this summer - something that can be left on 24/7, or one that turns on when movement is detected.
    Further plans consist of using a Dremel to undercut the trigger guard and lightly stippling the grip. I also want to paint the rest to match the hand rail and either leave it that way, or add two other colors in a camo pattern.

Last edited by Emptymag; October 21st, 2018 at 12:45 AM.