Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR47 Build on GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII Lower

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Not as concerned with flash on this rifle - I would lean more towards effective compensating/braking for keeping it on target and recoil reduction - the latter being less of a concern.

I know that in the price range I'm looking at, nothing will be good at "everything", but it seems the ones I've noted are acceptable and provide a little of each feature.
    The best thing is get a dedicated brake, not one of those brake/FH combos that do neither well.

I learned that with my AR, if I want flash reduction I go FH, if I want less muzzle rise and reduced recoil I go brake, thats it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    The best thing is get a dedicated brake, not one of those brake/FH combos that do neither well.

I learned that with my AR, if I want flash reduction I go FH, if I want less muzzle rise and reduced recoil I go brake, thats it.

Understood. That's why I'm not looking specifically at flash hiders. If a comp or brake also offers some flash hiding properties I chalk it up as a bonus.

Hey, did you see this post?
    Any thoughts, or do you think I'd be best served asking PSA directly regarding the difference in those two barrel profiles?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Understood. That's why I'm not looking specifically at flash hiders. If a comp or brake also offers some flash hiding properties I chalk it up as a bonus.

Any thoughts, or do you think I'd be best served asking PSA directly regarding the difference in those two barrel profiles?
    That's the thing, a comp that offers flash reduction does neither well, get a dedicated brake if your main goal is recoil and muzzle rise.

(Beaver County)

I would call to be sure but did you see my info in post #18?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JSPA View Post
    I would call to be sure but did you see my info in post #18?

Yeah I did. Thanks. I'm going to find out directly from them. I don't trust their descriptions.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah I did. Thanks. I'm going to find out directly from them. I don't trust their descriptions.

No email reply from them yet. Didn't have time to call today.

I think two days is an eternity to wait for an answer to a product inquiry in today's world and I'm a bit irked, but not really surprised since PSA is not known for having any semblance of customer service.

I did get between 8 and 12 emails from them pushing the daily deals since Friday.

I think two days is an eternity to wait for an answer to a product inquiry in today's world and I'm a bit irked, but not really surprised since PSA is not known for having any semblance of customer service.

I did get between 8 and 12 emails from them pushing the daily deals since Friday.

You will never get an email reply and most likely the twit who answers the phone won't know Jack squat. That is the price we pay for dealing with PSA.

(Allegheny County)

UPDATE:

OK, I'm getting annoyed at the lack of info that clearly explains the various AR barrel profiles.

Without getting too involved with ALL the profiles, what is the difference between A2 and M4 profile?

I THINK I read that the M4 is SLIGHTLY lighter but I can't find a photo that shows the difference between the two.

That PSA barrel that ARjohnson linked me to earlier is listed as "Barrel Profile: A2-style" link
    I just saw that they have another barrel for the same price - it's listed as "Barrel Profile: Mid-weight" link

What the hell is "mid-weight"? Is that another term for "M4"?

In my searching, I'm not finding any MID LENGTH barrel that is remotely close to these in price so I may order one, but I don't know WHICH ONE to get.
    I want the lighter of the two.

HELP!

EDIT: Could they possibly be the SAME PSA barrel with different product numbers?
    The ONLY difference in the descriptions are the barrel profile descriptions and the product numbers

After 30 minutes on hold I spoke to a pleasant gentleman who could not determine a weight on either of the barrels by looking at the info he was able to dig up from various resources. LOL!
    He put me on hold to go look into it some more.
    As near as he can determine, they are the exact same barrel with different product numbers. HA! (I have seen this before and was wondering if that may be the case)

HE said that in general "A2" and "Midweight" are terms used interchangeably.
    I wouldn't know - you guys can decide for yourselves if he's making that up.

He was pretty cool about trying to help. I made up my mind that if it didn't go well I would no longer "spread the word" regarding their sales/products. The non-reply by email still ticks me off though, so they have certainly dropped in my rankings of who I look to first for parts.

(Lehigh County)

I had sent an email question and it took over a week to get a reply, which by the time it came was a surprise, since I had given up.

(Allegheny County)

UPDATE:

After 30 minutes on hold I spoke to a pleasant gentleman who could not determine a weight on either of the barrels by looking at the info he was able to dig up from various resources. LOL!
    He put me on hold to go look into it some more.
    As near as he can determine, they are the exact same barrel with different product numbers. HA! (I have seen this before and was wondering if that may be the case)

HE said that in general "A2" and "Midweight" are terms used interchangeably.
    I wouldn't know - you guys can decide for yourselves if he's making that up.

He was pretty cool about trying to help. I made up my mind that if it didn't go well I would no longer "spread the word" regarding their sales/products. The non-reply by email still ticks me off though, so they have certainly dropped in my rankings of who I look to first for parts.
    Go to arfcom and put a post on PSA's industry forum and post your question there, you should get a better and more accurate response.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast