Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR47 Build on GWACS Armory CAV-15 MKII Lower

Any thoughts on Bear Creek Arsenal for a bolt carrier group?

I missed a sale at Primary arms but I see they have them on the mfg website for $69.90 on sale.
    I'm a bit hesitant seeing as the bolts on these 7.62x39s are a "weak link" and their products seem to be geared to the budget minded.

www.bearcreekarsenal.com

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

My general thought is anything BCA is cheap and cheap for a reason. Go with a Young Manufacturing if you want to save pennies and still get quality.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    My general thought is anything BCA is cheap and cheap for a reason. Go with a Young Manufacturing if you want to save pennies and still get quality.

Thanks. I knew I had heard the name, but there are SO many companies making AR15 components it is hard to keep track.

Aside from the $99 AIM Surplus BCG, I had been considering a Black Rifle Arms M16 AR 7.62x39 Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group with Buffer Technology.
    It's $179.99 which is more than I'd like to spend, but I also don't want to spend $80 and get "crap". Not sure what to do.
    LINKY

I may also have a chance to get a Spikes Tactical 7.62x39 BCG for $140 (phosphate finish) so I'm considering that as well.
    At least it's a reputable name and it's $40 less than the one above.

I looked up the Young Mfg site and I'd need to do complex math to figure out what theirs would cost since they only have a 7.62x39 BOLT and I'd have to buy the other parts separately and my mind is wired to compare complete BCG prices - not "parts" prices.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Thanks. I knew I had heard the name, but there are SO many companies making AR15 components it is hard to keep track.

Aside from the $99 AIM Surplus BCG, I had been considering a Black Rifle Arms M16 AR 7.62x39 Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group with Buffer Technology.
    It's $179.99 which is more than I'd like to spend, but I also don't want to spend $80 and get "crap". Not sure what to do.
    LINKY

I may also have a chance to get a Spikes Tactical 7.62x39 BCG for $140 (phosphate finish) so I'm considering that as well.
    At least it's a reputable name and it's $40 less than the one above.

I looked up the Young Mfg site and I'd need to do complex math to figure out what theirs would cost since they only have a 7.62x39 BOLT and I'd have to buy the other parts separately and my mind is wired to compare complete BCG prices - not "parts" prices.
    Due to bills and lack of money,'I haven't been looking at parts, but when did Spikes offer a 7.62x39 bolt? If it's a private far, make sure someone isn't just selling you a no name bolt in a Spikes carrier.

(Allegheny County)

Due to bills and lack of money,'I haven't been looking at parts, but when did Spikes offer a 7.62x39 bolt? If it's a private far, make sure someone isn't just selling you a no name bolt in a Spikes carrier.

Heh. I was just wondering that myself. I've been Googling and I see nothing from Spikes in that caliber, so I think that maybe they didn't catch the "7.62x39" part of what I need.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone have an opinion on APOC Armory?
    I've seen the brand name, but know nothing about it.

I see they have a 7.62x39 BCG with the black nitride finish that runs $109 and there's a place that has it on sale for $87.96 shipped.
    Not sure if it's something I should consider.

EDIT TO ADD: "Unconditional Lifetime Warranty" Can't argue with that. I think I may have found a BCG...
    AR15Discounts.com 20% Off with code: Memorialday

Off to google reviews...
    Last edited by Emptymag; May 24th, 2017 at 09:33 PM.

(Beaver County)

Anyone have an opinion on APOC Armory?
    I've seen the brand name, but know nothing about it.

I see they have a 7.62x39 BCG with the black nitride finish that runs $109 and there's a place that has it on sale for $87.96 shipped.
    Not sure if it's something I should consider.

EDIT TO ADD: "Unconditional Lifetime Warranty" Can't argue with that. I think I may have found a BCG...
    AR15Discounts.com 20% Off with code: Memorialday

Off to google reviews...
    Just bc I like to piss in your Cheerios, unconditional life time warranty from a company that has to survive the AR "company" glut doesn't mean much if they go under. Apoc isn't that old of a company (2014?), and like most of those companies, they'll be forced to close as the companies with a legit track record continue to lower prices.

Will it work? Yes. Will it last? Probably not. Will you find a cheap one that will last? Also probably not. If you just want to get it going, you can always upgrade later.

Side note: not a fan of the owner: Travis Hamlin. When questioned on his parts on FB, he back pedals and then just shuts you out.

(Allegheny County)

Just bc I like to piss in your Cheerios, unconditional life time warranty from a company that has to survive the AR "company" glut doesn't mean much if they go under. Apoc isn't that old of a company (2014?), and like most of those companies, they'll be forced to close as the companies with a legit track record continue to lower prices.

Will it work? Yes. Will it last? Probably not. Will you find a cheap one that will last? Also probably not. If you just want to get it going, you can always upgrade later.

Side note: not a fan of the owner: Travis Hamlin. When questioned on his parts on FB, he back pedals and then just shuts you out.

I considered all that about the company longevity. Then I figured all the other ones in the price range offer NO warranty.
    If I'm gonna flip a coin, I may as well go with this one.

I'm finding nothing as far as "good" 7.62x39 BCGs other than the one that is impossible to find and costs nearly $400.
    I'd rather take my chances than pay that much.

Appreciate the input!

Completed (minus BCG/charging handle) 7.62x39 upper mated to CAV-15 polymer lower. (minus LK, yet to be installed)

I think if you get the stock/grip section cerakoted/duracoated that matching tan color, it would look great.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I think if you get the stock/grip section cerakoted/duracoated that matching tan color, it would look great.

I'm going to do one of two things.
    I'll either paint the entire lower/stock AND upper (cuz I think it may look odd to leave the upper black), and leave the barrel and controls/sights black, OR I'm spraying the entire thing with that as a base color and using two or three other colors to camo it up. (my original plan)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast