Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Taurus SPECTRUM ?

Has anyone even seen or handled one ? Wife would be interested in this firearm !

(Centre County)

Default Re: Taurus SPECTRUM ?

I handled one at the Outdoorsmans show in Harrisburg. I thought the trigger sucked. After dry firing it, I immediately put it back down, it was that terrible .

I would not trust my life to a Taurus product of any kind. Yes, I've owned them. YMMV and all that.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Berks County)

Rossi makes some good stuff, ranch hands and carbines, the circuit judge is made well. The Taurus automatics of the plastic variety that I have handled were ruff and felt like junk. They were the cuve, one with light and laser one without. I didn't think any better of the view, the bent 38 snub.
    A friend in the 80s had the Berretta copy and it was well built. I don't know why they make pure junk and real tools at he same time but they do.
    I understand warranty work and parts are a challenge to get. You could say that about Remington also, so be warned.

(Columbia County)

Not only does Taurus make junk, but to purchase the initial release of any new model gun is always a crap shoot. From my experience a lot of the new releases are either subjected to recall or about one year later the upgraded A-1 version comes out. In other words the first the gun companies release a beta product, listen to complaints, make improvements and release an upgraded model and the buyers of the first model are stuck with it. It also should be noted that sending a handgun back to the company is a royal pain. I suggest looking at other small .380(s) that were on the market for a while that have good reviews.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Not only does Taurus make junk, but to purchase the initial release of any new model gun is always a crap shoot. From my experience a lot of the new releases are either subjected to recall or about one year later the upgraded A-1 version comes out. In other words the first the gun companies release a beta product, listen to complaints, make improvements and release an upgraded model and the buyers of the first model are stuck with it. It also should be noted that sending a handgun back to the company is a royal pain. I suggest looking at other small .380(s) that were on the market for a while that have good reviews.
    I agree for the most part with some manufactures. The only difference in opinion I have is that sometimes the gun just needed to be in the real world for a while so that certain defects can come to light.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

This is the first gun that Taurus is making 100% in the USA.

The company is also under new management, so i have high hopes for this little pistol. My wife also would be in the target market.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    This is the first gun that Taurus is making 100% in the USA.

The company is also under new management, so i have high hopes for this little pistol. My wife also would be in the target market.
    With the exception of the magazine the TCP is also made in the USA per the ATF import laws on Saturday night special pistols it has to be.

I am more of a Taurus reveolver fan,But our Taurus P-111 G-2s have been flawless and replaced our Glock 26s ! I say give the SPECTRUM a shot ! Pun intended,Hopefully it will be a dependable ccw for the ladys ! JMO/MDT

(Northumberland County)

Kel-Tecs make better firearms then Taurus, i wouldnt even bother to look at any Taurus firearms for the next 10 years or so.

Your wife should check out the SCCY they are promising.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    Kel-Tecs make better firearms then Taurus, i wouldnt even bother to look at any Taurus firearms for the next 10 years or so.

Your wife should check out the SCCY they are promising.

I very much disagree with Kel-tech making a better firearm based on my experience working at a dealer/rental range who sold both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast