Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: US Appeals Court Stomps on the Constitution...Upholds MD AWB.

Is this good for us? Does this mean SCOTUS may finally put this shit to rest?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Is this good for us? Does this mean SCOTUS may finally put this shit to rest?
    If it does get to the Supreme Court, nothing is certain even with Gorsuch. I can easily see Kennedy crossing party lines and voting to uphold the decision.

In 2014 he went against the 2nd when he voted with the Liberal part of the Court and against the Conservative part of the court upholding that it is a Federal crime to buy someone else a gun. https://psmag.com/how-the-supreme-co...172#.ispqe8jqh

Also in 2014 he blocked an NRA request that that would block enforcement of a law outlawing magazines that hold over 10 rounds. http://america.aljazeera.com/article...gazinelaw.html

It's not to hard to imagine him or Roberts having second thoughts about the 2nd after Sandy Hook.

We are obviously in better shape than if Hillary were picking the next Justice, but I will feel better if Trump gets to pick strong supporter of the 2nd to replace Kennedy and hopefully Ginsberg during his term.

That also means that the Republicans will have to do well during the midterms and keep control of the Senate in case Trump gets a chance at those seats during the 2nd 1/2 of his term. We don’t need the Democrats somehow gaining control of the Senate and them doing what the Republicans did to hold Scalias seat up for the next Presidential election.

(Chester County)

Would it be reasonable to presume if we the people sue the feds in a federal court, we are dealing with a "stacked court"?

(Chester County)

It would be good if Ginsburg left and Kennedy resigned. Ginsburg is an obvious mistake on the bench and Kennedy is squishy as hell.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    but but but... should people be allowed to have nukes? See... of coarse we should limit guns. I get idiots trying to use this argument.
    Yeah libtards have brought up that argument with me before. I always tell them if you have enough money you can already own them or buy whatever you want. A law isn't going to keep someone whom wants a nuke or to use a nuke from doing so. It still amazes me how some people think making something illegal means that people won't do it or own it.

I'm not surprised at the decision. A huge portion of the judges in this country are not capable of rendering a decision based on law and the constitution, which they have sworn to uphold. Instead they rule with their opinion because they have been allowed to work their way into a position that makes them a god in their own mind. Though in a way they are because they are hard to get rid of. In this case whatever judges that rendered this obviously wrong ruling and ignored what was clearly in the constitution should be thrown off the bench and disbarred. But they know that is never going to happen, thus they keep their god complex and dictatorlike rule.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    If it does get to the Supreme Court, nothing is certain even with Gorsuch. I can easily see Kennedy crossing party lines and voting to uphold the decision.

In 2014 he went against the 2nd when he voted with the Liberal part of the Court and against the Conservative part of the court upholding that it is a Federal crime to buy someone else a gun. https://psmag.com/how-the-supreme-co...172#.ispqe8jqh

Also in 2014 he blocked an NRA request that that would block enforcement of a law outlawing magazines that hold over 10 rounds. http://america.aljazeera.com/article...gazinelaw.html

It's not to hard to imagine him or Roberts having second thoughts about the 2nd after Sandy Hook.

We are obviously in better shape than if Hillary were picking the next Justice, but I will feel better if Trump gets to pick strong supporter of the 2nd to replace Kennedy and hopefully Ginsberg during his term.

That also means that the Republicans will have to do well during the midterms and keep control of the Senate in case Trump gets a chance at those seats during the 2nd 1/2 of his term. We don’t need the Democrats somehow gaining control of the Senate and them doing what the Republicans did to hold Scalias seat up for the next Presidential election.
    Though I don't wish death upon another human (but withholding judgment if RBG is actually human), we don't get to the truly sweet spot unless Trump gets to REPLACE some lib/anti-constitution justices, or at least a couple 'wafflers' (I'm looking at you Kennedy and Roberts). That will require some unexpected health issues, unexpected retirements, and/or a 2nd term.

Kagan and Sotomayor are unlikely to go anywhere at 56 and 62 respectively, so we're stuck with two anti-2a, anti-constitutionalists for the foreseeable future.

Kennedy is 80 (i.e. older than Scalia was when he died) and isn't reliably pro-2A, so replacing him would be good. Get a young, robust solid constitutionalist who can hold that seat for a good 30 years.

Ginsburg is 83 and has had notable health issues. She's most likely to "go." But despite (near as I can tell) being near-senile, she'll never leave until she dies.

Breyer is nearing 79 and having Trump replace him would be a solid 'net gain' toward a constitutionally-minded court.

Roberts at 62 is unlikely to go. He's theoretically a constitutionalist, but is not nearly as reliable as I'd like. Replacing him would be good, but not a 'gain' per se, and is unlikely.

Look, I'd love to see Trump replace nearly all of them (Thomas and Alito can hang if they want). But realistically, having him replace Kennedy, Ginsburg and Breyer is probably the BEST possible case even if the stars align (net gain of 2, plus replacing an ageing waffler).
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

It is quite clear that the appellate courts or even the supreme court is going to be absolute in this matter. Allowing some guns and outlawing others and or their different configurations will always be up to the states. As in the past, it will depend on the strengths and weaknesses of the particular state legislatures as to how far they go with their anti gun agenda.

MD, NJ,CA,CT, MA,NY have always have their draconian gun laws and it is doubtful that such will change. Choose your state of residency wisely.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    Constitutional rights do not come from the government.......These so called Judges are political hacks. No standing. As relevant as an illegal order. The courts have been corrupted. Government is corrupted.
    Amen to that!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    What s coming?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast