Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Sportsman's Guide?

Experience shopping there? Is the buyer's club worth it? I need to get some ammo and it's between them or academy. I buy from Academy a lot because they almost always have free shipping but none of their brass 9mm is one sale right now.

Default Re: Sportsman's Guide?

Check out TargetSportsUSA before you order from anywhere else typically they are cheaper then anyone else when ordering the common calibers in bulk. I belonged to SPG for about 5 years and let it expire after Sandy Hook when they started jacking up prices and playing games with the back orders. Since then I've found a number of sites with better ammunition deals.

(Allegheny County)

I joined two years ago.. and the first year I saved money.. second year ?? maybe broke even... If you are going to order a good bit online from them ..I think you can save money over THEIR REGULAR prices.. and they have a lot of FREE SHIPPING -over $49 and that's not hard to do.. and even a good bit of FREE SHIPPING NO MIN. When they have this I'll grab a box or two of ammo just because..
    But yes.. Check other places prices first..
    Last edited by JDA58; February 19th, 2017 at 10:22 PM.

(Butler County)

Check around on prices. While I love the catalogs for hiding in the bathroom when the MIL is visiting, when ordering I usually run into issues with the items I want being back ordered or out of stock.

(Allegheny County)

A big item order can justify it even if you don't order often.
    I have never joined, but every time I get to the point where I've ordered six times I think that I could have done better by signing up.
    I think club members also get special sales that aren't available to non members - I know that's true for those who are signed up with an account/email.

If you won't be ordering regularly I would pass.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I have used them a lot over the last year. No problems and I like their 4 pay where you can spread payment for things over 4 months.

(Allegheny County)

when I joined I think the free shipping was ...FREE SHIPPING over $99... My order was about half that $50/$60with an ammo can.. so shipping was a bit high... But I wanted it so..
    they asked me to join and save.... and I said no thanks..then they came back with if you join now.. you save 10% + we will give you FREE shipping and $20 coupon off you next order...So for $39.99 I was +2 or 3 dollars on my first order.. turned out I think the $20 was TWO 10$ coupons for my next 2 orders $10 coupon per order.. but still worked out.. they send a good number of members only FREE Shipping e-mails.... If you Do give it a try.. Remember IF you don't like it to make sure you do not re-up the second year..

(Allegheny County)

SG screwed me over on a couple K of .223 auite a few years ago.
    Sale price listed.
    Order sent.
    Snail mail response that prices went up after i had a confirmation.
    Spoke to CS. Then supervisor.
    They offered me a $10, then $20 & finally a $25 credit on my next order but would not give me the ammo at the confirmed price.
    Ok.
    All done with them.
    Since that time, i have purchased many K $ of ammo.
    No more from SG.
    Taeget Sports, NatchezSS, just got 500 rds of .380 from Outdoorlimited., some .45 from Midway

Go to ammoseek.com and bypass SG.
    Ha.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lycoming County)

I've ordered quite a few things from them over the years. Never had any issues. If you think your going to order quite a bit, then the club membership will pay for itself over a few orders.

I'm a member, been one for years. But I dont think I'll be ordering enough to justify renewing
    I used to wait for the " double your discount and free shipping" sales, some of it was "buy one get one free" . Nice. I would have a bunch of crap or high ticket items in my shopping cart or wish list then buy it all at once for 20% off with free shipping.
    I got 10 packs of brownell metal body mags for like 8-9$ per mag, 10 pcks of Thermolds for range day, these have been perfect. They were about 6$ each, Mags for my DPMS LR308 were way below anyone else
    Any way, I have enough mags, surplus, and crap from them.
    Their guide gear brand can be hit or miss on quality. Some of their surplus stinks, like a stench from QM hell
    Can I reccomend joining the buyers club? do you need a bunch of gear? and expect to spend over $100-200 a year for it then yeah
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast