Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Buck Hill Firearms

I just did a transfer at this place today, and I'm just going to let everybody know who is thinking about purchasing there that the prices on certain things are insane and that the owner is fishing for suckers. He does $10 transfers and thats probably the only reason you should go.

I asked to look at a Springfield GI stainless Mil-Spec 1911 that he had in the case used. And I mean some pretty serious use but still very functional. I flipped the tag over and he had it priced at $875 with one magazine. That's $200 more than brand new.

You have been warned. I don't like seeing people get taken advantage of.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Buck Hill Firearms

I drive by there several times a day, and see cars in there all the time, but haven't gone in yet. Something told me that what you said would be the case. Just a hunch.

It was nice meeting you and hope you didnt wait too long lol. I knew when I shipped a pistol there and saw none of the tags had prices that everything was expensive. Just curious... you said the transfers are $10.. did he charge you $10? He charged me $10.... I thought it was normally $20...

Quote Originally Posted by puro View Post
    It was nice meeting you and hope you didnt wait too long lol. I knew when I shipped a pistol there and saw none of the tags had prices that everything was expensive. Just curious... you said the transfers are $10.. did he charge you $10? He charged me $10.... I thought it was normally $20...
    No problem man and good doing business with you. No he did not charge me for anything. When I asked what his transfer price was he told me it was 10 bucks.
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Carbon County)

I was just in there yesterday to pick up a couple guns I bought from Buds, and I have to say that I liked the place. The guy there I assume he was the owner was real nice, fair and polite. The prices on the items I was looking at didn't seem off from other shops in the area or online. They did have some guns that didn't have prices on them, but nothing I was interested in anyway so I didn't ask. I brought a friend in with me that was looking for a stripped lower and the guy quoted him a price that was decent.

Anyway I picked up 2 guns and he only charged me $10 for both and said it is only one transfer (like it should've been). That same transfer would have been $50 each at another shop by me, so I saved $90 by going there.
    Last edited by epointer; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:47 AM.

(Monroe County)

Smile Re: Buck Hill Firearms

Wow, I didn't find any of these problems at Buck Hill Firearms. I found that all of the firearms had tags attached with the prices (some times on the back) clearly listed. I thought the asking prices on most of the arms were very competitive. Even the collectable guns were priced better than I've seen at the gun shows. The people that I talked to that worked there seemed friendly and knew what they were talking about. The owner was right there (Rich) and was able to negotiate the price on a pistol I was interested in. Made my purchase and was out the door. Great experience. This shop has the feel of an old time friendly gun shop, a place I would like to just hang out in and talk guns. I'll definitely be going back.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by laserjet4plus View Post
    Wow, I didn't find any of these problems at Buck Hill Firearms. I found that all of the firearms had tags attached with the prices (some times on the back) clearly listed. I thought the asking prices on most of the arms were very competitive. Even the collectable guns were priced better than I've seen at the gun shows. The people that I talked to that worked there seemed friendly and knew what they were talking about. The owner was right there (Rich) and was able to negotiate the price on a pistol I was interested in. Made my purchase and was out the door. Great experience. This shop has the feel of an old time friendly gun shop, a place I would like to just hang out in and talk guns. I'll definitely be going back.
    Yep, so far I have had 4 transactions there and all are positive. Just ordered a HK P2000sk there today. As always Rich was great to deal with.

(Monroe County)

This is a great shop. $10 transfers. Great selection. Good prices.

(Lackawanna County)

I stopped by this place last week. I liked the layout of the shop, they had a good selection, and the fellow behind the counter was very friendly. I looked at several prices and they seemed fairly normal; not great, but not terrible either. I will certainly stop by again in the near future. Seems like a decent shop to me.

(Pike County)

Was not so great for myself and Hodgie...
    I called them last Friday to do a transfer on Sunday. The fella replied yes we are open and $10 for transfer. Told them be around 11, replied we are open till 4 or 5.
    We both did I the 35 minute drive to arrive to a sign"closed today"....
    Now mind you I called to confirm and let them know we would be there, they confirmed and never opened for the day.
    Right below the closed sign were the hours, showing open on Sunday's.

So our experience was NOT a good one, don't know if I will bother going back either due to this.

Sneer..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast