Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Multiple Pro-gun Petitions on whitehouse.gov Need Signatures Today!

All of these Pro-gun petitions need signatures today! It takes 3 minutes to sign and confirm!

Repeal the 1986 Hughes Amendment (banning new manufacture of machineguns)
    Updated: new petition -- old one closed just 2200 signatures short of threshold! SIGN THIS ONE AGAIN
    original petition
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...18-usc-ss-922o

Repeal the NFA (requiring a tax and government approval to exercise a fundamental right)
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

Repeal the ban on importation of Russian sporting firearms (Executive Order 13661)
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ve-order-13661

Repeal the ban on re-importation of WWII-era US service firearms (Executive Order 13637)
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ve-order-13637

Please remember to confirm your signature by clicking the link in each email after signing, otherwise your signature won't be counted. You will receive one email for each petition you sign and must click on the link in each one.

Note: the first two petitions END TODAY (Sunday 2/19/17). Let's help them all get to the 100,000 signatures mark and start making some noise about these issues.

Yes, this is just a start, but now truly is the golden opportunity to take some steps toward rolling back the encroachment of our constitutionally-protected rights. These are small steps you can take today which will help move these issues forward.

If you have any doubts, several notable pro-gun youtube personalities have voiced their support for one or more of these petitions. I encourage you to watch, learn, and decide for yourself.

Thank you!
    Last edited by buckengr; February 20th, 2017 at 01:55 AM. Reason: update hughes amendment petition link

Default Re: Multiple Pro-gun Petitions on whitehouse.gov Need Signatures Today!

The Hughes Amendment Petition closed around 3pm just shy of the mark with just 2200 more signatures needed to reach the 100,000 threshold! Let's try again!

Repeal the 1986 Hughes Amendment (banning new manufacture of machineguns)
    Updated: new petition -- SIGN THIS ONE AGAIN!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...18-usc-ss-922o

Don't forget to confirm the signature by clicking the link in your email!
    Last edited by buckengr; February 20th, 2017 at 02:02 AM.

(Northampton County)

Hughes Amendment closed. 2200 short.

Lets say for the sake of argument that the NFA got repealed. Now you could transfer FA no problem. But wouldn't the supply of new FA still be cut off because the Hughes Amendment?

Stuart

(Bucks County)

If we can get the Hughes Amendment petition back up and have to start over, could someone could post it up here. Maybe a sticky with the instructions about confirming the email so that it actually gets enough signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccirocks02 View Post
    If we can get the Hughes Amendment petition back up and have to start over, could someone could post it up here. Maybe a sticky with the instructions about confirming the email so that it actually gets enough signatures.
    To Moderators: Is there anything we can do to draw more attention to posts when there are advocacy actions we can take part in?

Yes, I understand that many people probably dismiss the whitehouse.gov petitions as pointless since they are non-binding and are only supposed to prompt a whitehouse "response". But they are at least a way to draw attention to these issues and start trying to gain some public traction and attention. It gives us something to point to and talk about when we contact congressmen. It lets us go on the offensive instead of constantly fighting anti's tooth and nail just to hold on to what we have left of our 2A rights. It's time to retake ground.

With Trump in the whitehouse, both houses of Congress under GOP control, and the HPA with over 100 cosponsors in the house, we've never had a better chance to get some traction on these issues in the past 30 years! Let's not let it go to waste!

Please get involved! Call, write, and email your Senators and Representatives regularly and sign these petitions when they come up!

Quote Originally Posted by flygrimm View Post
    Hughes Amendment closed. 2200 short.

Lets say for the sake of argument that the NFA got repealed. Now you could transfer FA no problem. But wouldn't the supply of new FA still be cut off because the Hughes Amendment?

Stuart
    Yes, I think so. But they are closely linked in the public eye, so we should be pushing for both whenever we have the opportunity.

Personally, I think the Hughes Amendment is the more important issue to push for because it flat out bans (by way of a finite cap, which is constantly shrinking) a whole class of firearms from open public ownership. The NFA, while onerous and (I believe) unconstitutional, does not totally prohibit the exercise of a right -- it simply taxes it to the point of making it a privilege. Also: "A right delayed is a right denied." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Both the NFA and the Hughes Amendment should be eliminated, just as the poll tax was eliminated. Second Amendment rights should not be subject to a 10+ month average wait time, $200 tax, and government permission slip any more than your rights to speak freely, vote, or worship.
    Last edited by buckengr; February 20th, 2017 at 01:47 AM.

(Northampton County)

Buckenger

I have to agree with you. I think the NFA is most likely unconstitutional but we are stuck with it for now. I would think repealing the Hughes Amendment would be the easier of the two. Low hanging fruit and all.

I would love to have a silencer, suppressor, muffler or whatever you want to call it but to be out nearly $1000 for 9 months or more with nothing but paper and promises is ridiculous.

Funny you mentioned Poll Taxes. I was thinking that what the Idiot Malloy in Connecticut is doing is really nothing more than a Poll tax wrapped up in BS. Same with all the other states where you have to get a permission slip before you can even touch a gun.

Stuart

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    To Moderators: Is there anything we can do to draw more attention to posts when there are advocacy actions we can take part in?

Yes, I understand that many people probably dismiss the whitehouse.gov petitions as pointless since they are non-binding and are only supposed to prompt a whitehouse "response". But they are at least a way to draw attention to these issues and start trying to gain some public traction and attention. It gives us something to point to and talk about when we contact congressmen. It lets us go on the offensive instead of constantly fighting anti's tooth and nail just to hold on to what we have left of our 2A rights. It's time to retake ground.

With Trump in the whitehouse, both houses of Congress under GOP control, and the HPA with over 100 cosponsors in the house, we've never had a better chance to get some traction on these issues in the past 30 years! Let's not let it go to waste!

Please get involved! Call, write, and email your Senators and Representatives regularly and sign these petitions when they come up!
    Those petitions at Whitehouse.gov do jack shit. Not only does the .Gov not have to respond to them, they don't even have to read them.

They are simply there for email address farming for political ads by candidates in your area.

If you want action, write your legislators. Only Congress can make necessary changes in law.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I got tired of getting the emails:

Hello, Emptymag!
    We think this is an issue you may care about.
    Please help us reach the goal of one meelion signatures to free unjustly incarcerated communist freedom fighters from US prisons!

Yeah, no.
    Remove me from your email list, thank you.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I got tired of getting the emails:

Hello, Emptymag!
    We think this is an issue you may care about.
    Please help us reach the goal of one meelion signatures to free unjustly incarcerated communist freedom fighters from US prisons!

Yeah, no.
    Remove me from your email list, thank you.
    Signed 'em all, even if pointless.

If you don't want the emails, uncheck the box...
    DGAF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast