Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Headed to Richmond tomorrow - anyone here ever have any issues carrying in Virginia?

I'm going to Richmond tomorrow, coming home Saturday. I have a bunch of work down there, actually.

Apparently Virginia has reciprocity for PA's LTC. Anyone here ever carry in Virginia and have any police interactions, positive or negative? Just curious.

-afd

(Centre County)

Default Re: Headed to Richmond tomorrow - anyone here ever have any issues carrying in Virgin

Biggest issue if driving is that you have to go through Maryland and maybe other gun-unfriendly territory.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Headed to Richmond tomorrow - anyone here ever have any issues carrying in Virgin

Two of my kids go to school in Virginia and most laws are pretty much like pa but check online for some weird laws like funerals and churches. However, you have to go through Maryland and I always pull over a few miles before the border, lock it in the trunk and move on from there then the minute I get over the border I conceal again. Then I have to remember to cover my undetectable redline radar detector because they're illegal in Virginia. Kind of pain but it's become routine.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter55 View Post
    Biggest issue if driving is that you have to go through Maryland and maybe other gun-unfriendly territory.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Two of my kids go to school in Virginia and most laws are pretty much like pa but check online for some weird laws like funerals and churches. However, you have to go through Maryland and I always pull over a few miles before the border, lock it in the trunk and move on from there then the minute I get over the border I conceal again. Then I have to remember to cover my undetectable redline radar detector because they're illegal in Virginia. Kind of pain but it's become routine.
    Trip went fine. I did as you describe, lock it up through Delaware and Maryland. Open carried a few different times in Virginia. No issues at all.
    Last edited by afdcomposer; February 22nd, 2017 at 04:17 PM.