Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default IWB Mag pouch/carrier

I did a quick search of the forum, but all that came up was classifieds.

I'm looking for personal recommendations on IWB mag pouches. Something comfortable and reliable. I currently carry an XDs-9 in an Aliengear IWB, so I'm just looking for a nice mag pouch to accompany it for some extra backup.

I can obviously do a google search, but that wont necessarily tell me personal opinions on them.

Thanks
    III%

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: IWB Mag pouch/carrier

I'm planning to pickup a gcode incog with the mag carrier soon for my xds. i currently have one on order without the mag carrier for my m&p fullsize. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

(Lancaster County)

It's not IWB, but I love the horizontal mag carrier I got for my LC9s from magholder.com. It doesn't make my pants fit tighter, it doesn't poke me, and with an untucked shirt it conceals just fine.

(Delaware County)

AlienGear just produced their own IWB/OWB mag carrier. I picked it up recently and really like it. You can adjust to fit many different double stacked mags and you can fully adjust the cant as well as retention level. I'd say to take a look at it. Just a reminder that when you use any IWB mag carrier you'll likely need a larger belt or at least larger pant size. I hadn't thought about that when I bought mine. It works well with the current belt I have, but it was extremely tight with the pants that I have which comfortably fit the IWB aliengear holster.

(Lancaster County)

check out m3tactical. i run their OTP Elite appendix holster, it has a mag carrier built in. I also have one of their plain IWB single mag carriers and it works great.

Gcode also makes great products. I have a couple of their holsters/mag carriers also. Alittle bit more money and a longer wait but good products.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    AlienGear just produced their own IWB/OWB mag carrier. I picked it up recently and really like it. You can adjust to fit many different double stacked mags and you can fully adjust the cant as well as retention level. I'd say to take a look at it. Just a reminder that when you use any IWB mag carrier you'll likely need a larger belt or at least larger pant size. I hadn't thought about that when I bought mine. It works well with the current belt I have, but it was extremely tight with the pants that I have which comfortably fit the IWB aliengear holster.
    The AlienGear mag pouch definitely needs more room in the pants.

(Schuylkill County)

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to debate about IWB or not due to space.. I guess it wouldn't be too bad to carry on the outside, since it would look like a utility knife or flashlight pouch. Pretty inconspicuous yet.

Thanks!

(Delaware County)

How it will look OWB depends on the type of carrier you are using. If it has a flap closure then it will look more utilitarian. I used to use a cheap nylon knife sheath to have a spare mag OWB when i carried a 1911 IWB. With the aliengear carrier as it is open top, mag is fully exposed.

(Philadelphia County)

Made in Philadelphia, I bought mine at a training place on spring garden st near tenth.

http://www.snakehoundmachine.com/pro...azine-carrier/
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.