Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Letter To Toomey

A while back, I sent a letter to Toomey expressing our family's displeasure at his efforts at "sensible, bipartisan efforts to expand background checks for gun purchases and stopping terrorists from purchasing firearms." (His words, not mine.)

We just received his response - a two page letter describing and reaffirming his efforts to work with Joe Manchin and others to further his legislation to fight terrorism by preventing terrorists from buying firearms. Filled with lots of words like "sensible, middle ground", "work across the aisle", "improving gun safety", helping save lives across the country", etc etc.

My question in response - If there are so damned many terrorists in this country trying to buy firearms, WHY ARE THEY EVEN IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!? Shouldn't we get them out, and keep more from coming in, so we don't have to worry about them buying firearms??

Or am I just stupid? Anybody got time to drop him a note letting him know he's focusing on the wrong issue?

(York County)

Default Re: Letter To Toomey

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    A while back, I sent a letter to Toomey expressing our family's displeasure at his efforts at "sensible, bipartisan efforts to expand background checks for gun purchases and stopping terrorists from purchasing firearms." (His words, not mine.)

We just received his response - a two page letter describing and reaffirming his efforts to work with Joe Manchin and others to further his legislation to fight terrorism by preventing terrorists from buying firearms. Filled with lots of words like "sensible, middle ground", "work across the aisle", "improving gun safety", helping save lives across the country", etc etc.

My question in response - If there are so damned many terrorists in this country trying to buy firearms, WHY ARE THEY EVEN IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!? Shouldn't we get them out, and keep more from coming in, so we don't have to worry about them buying firearms??

Or am I just stupid? Anybody got time to drop him a note letting him know he's focusing on the wrong issue?
    He's an Anti-2A, RINO idiot. You're not gonna change that.
    DGAF

(Schuylkill County)

Not allowing terrorists to buy assault weapons is just common sense. Who can argue with common sense?
    Besides, no law will ever get passed, so its easy to be on the side of common sense while not actually standing for anything and having a record. Toomey knows that PA is a purple state (97% voted either for a RINO or McGinty). So not standing for anything is the safest course.

(Bucks County)

I used to like him.

I do not like him.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    He's an Anti-2A, RINO idiot. You're not gonna change that.
    not without a drano enema....which, I can't say I am against someone giving him.

the r's will NEVER primary him out...he is Arlene specter with a lightbulb shaped head, and a clearer speech pattern.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Chester County)

Toomey pays no attention to anyone but donors or potential donors. I tried to visit his office in Philadelphia and the lobby security people would not let me go up to his floor because I had no appointment they could confirm. I've never had any other representative in either party not welcome me into his office to talk to his people. He's an arrogant elitist asshole.

Even Casey treated me better at a "Breakfast with Bob" meeting.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post

You are assuming the terrorists are not US citizens
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Chester County)

Toomey is grand standing. He knows more gun legislation won't get passed, but he needs to appeal to the libs, and moderates in his district that believe in more, stupid "gun control".

I don't like him either, but he is certainly better than that LOON McGinty or anyone else the Commie Democrats put up. As much as I don't like the establishment Republicans, they know better than to pass more gun control laws.