Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGnome414 View Post
    In one of the replies earlier in the thread someone asked why DE doesn't honor the PA permit. Could it be that it's because PA does not have a training requirement for their permit? I know Utah does and so do some of the other states on their approved list. I think I heard that was the reason but can't confirm. Not saying PA should, but that could be the reason
    That is exactly the reason that the person at the DE AG office told me yesterday.

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Glad to see my recently renewed FL non res is still good to go. Thanks to the member who alerted us of these changes and to the ones who made calls and sent emails.

This is great news but there is no way I am buying that the AG's office accidentally included "misleading language" in the February 15 version of the website. The language was way too specific (where does the September 23 date come from, for example). I think the AG pulled the language upon further review of the statute.

But in any event, I am glad this worked out without the need for litigation.

(Bucks County)

Just to add "Prince law's" insight on this:

https://blog.princelaw.com/2017/02/1...carry-changes/

The new language states that “[t]he list of states with reciprocal privileges is published on January 15 each year. Any additional reciprocal states would be posted on January 15 and be effective immediately. The removal of reciprocal privileges from any state would be posted by January 15 to take effect one year later.”

It goes on to state that the AG’s Office is currently reviewing the approval procedures for individuals in other states to acquire concealed carry permits to see if they meet the requirements of the Delaware Code to be recognized in Delaware. If the AG’s Office determines that they do not meet the requirements, notice will be published January 15, 2018 and the official change in recognition will occur the following year (January 15, 2019).

The AG’s Office does issue an apology for the confusion of the language that was posted from February 10-15th.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA1 View Post
    (where does the September 23 date come from, for example).

I thought the same thing. The date is way too specific. Something tells me we'll be seeing it again.

Would love to see President Trump push for a universal Carry, that our License can be used in all of our States, Just like our Driver's license is, Though NYC will give this a Rough time I imagine.?

(Susquehanna County)

PAFOA Facebook page.. say what?
    Last edited by Parrisk; March 2nd, 2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

I pass into DE two or three times,a day,sometimes. I also work there as a service guy. I work alone usually and sometimes in some sketchy parts of town.
    I carry all the time.
    When i read the first couple posts, I almost crapped.
    It was thanks to this site, primarily, that I even knew to get my AZ license and I got UT just to be safe.
    Thanks for posting the original and all the follow ups and thanks to those that called,emailed, etc.

(Butler County)

I pretty much dismissed the entire northeast awhile ago (minus our own little "gateway to the west"). I don't expect to hear anything I'd want to hear from any of those states so I avoid them like the plague. I have family in NY and NJ unfortunately, but don't see them often. I don't break the law and carry when I travel there, and carry laws are not really a factor in how much I see my family. However, when I am there I am sometimes a bit outspoken regarding my opinion of their laws. I make it a point to minimize how much money I spend there and make this and the reason why known. I've even gone so far as to cancel or turn down offers on ebay which are connected to anti-gun states. Seem extreme? Seem like I'm punishing someone who may not even agree with their state's laws? True, I might be....but if you don't like it and enough people simply quit being "reasonable" toward the unreasonable then some people are going to move or lay the pressure on their state governments lighten up. I'm not going to sit back and be reasonable when so many laws are not. States usually only make changes for economic reasons, not because they've had a change of heart and have learned the errors of their ways and want to make things right and be "good". So I say fuck them and boycott the shit out of them and enlist the support of as many people in as many anti-gun states as possible until they realize that it will just be more profitable to respect people's rights.
    Last edited by FJW; March 13th, 2017 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    Would love to see President Trump push for a universal Carry, that our License can be used in all of our States, Just like our Driver's license is, Though NYC will give this a Rough time I imagine.?
    Don't count on it. I used to think that a lot of good would come out of the next 4 or 8 years. Not so sure anymore. Wonder if anything related to firearms will be done. I don't even see the 45 1911A1 CMP guns released

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast