Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Don't count on it. I used to think that a lot of good would come out of the next 4 or 8 years. Not so sure anymore. Wonder if anything related to firearms will be done. I don't even see the 45 1911A1 CMP guns released
    Yeah it's a real shame we still need make and pass laws the old fashioned way instead of having a dictatorship.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Don't count on it. I used to think that a lot of good would come out of the next 4 or 8 years. Not so sure anymore. Wonder if anything related to firearms will be done. I don't even see the 45 1911A1 CMP guns released
    Concealed carry in Illinois happened under Obama, didn't it?
    (not giving him credit, mind you) But I'm sure alot of people probably didn't expect that. Maybe sometimes we civilians are the ones making the biggest issues out of firearms, for OR against. State and Federal governments just follow suit with whatever they think brings the most profit and promotes the healthiest economy there. It varies demographically... and even changes with time...as we saw in Illinois. Whatever pacifies the majority and brings in tax$…

(Lehigh County)

Thank you to the folks who contacted the DE AG and got this "fixed", and I hope it was a mistake, not a trial run.

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGnome414 View Post
    (snip)
    I too want national reciprocity. I did see one proposal that states would have to honor any other states permit BUT people would still need to follow the laws for the individual states around carry (concealed or open). What I expect to happen is that states like NJ, NY, MD and CA will just change the laws for their own people and make the only carry option a 22short single shot handgun or something like that. With their wacky legislatures, they'd be able to get it passed in under 6 months. Other states like DE might not go as far but I highly doubt they would have no reaction to national reciprocity. We think they are nuts for a reason.
    This is why I have been a proponent of a Federal Bill asserting primacy of the 2A and not allowing states pre-emption before trying for any of the other wonderful ideas... so they can't be gutted state by state.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA1 View Post
    This is great news but there is no way I am buying that the AG's office accidentally included "misleading language" in the February 15 version of the website. The language was way too specific (where does the September 23 date come from, for example). I think the AG pulled the language upon further review of the statute.

But in any event, I am glad this worked out without the need for litigation.
    Raised a flag and took incoming from across state lines and no one saluted? I don't know anything about DE politics, so I will hope you are wrong about the AG's intentions.

(Delaware County)

Bringing this back to life to see if there has been any changes? According to the Delaware AG, any change in reciprocity with recognizing other state's CCW permits would be posted by Jan 15,2018 and take effect the following year. I dont see any changes on the Delaware AG's website.

(Philadelphia County)

The way I interpret it, is for your Utah permit to be valid, you would have to actually live in utah, or at least have a utah residence.

Quote Originally Posted by orangehole View Post
    Bringing this back to life to see if there has been any changes? According to the Delaware AG, any change in reciprocity with recognizing other state's CCW permits would be posted by Jan 15,2018 and take effect the following year. I dont see any changes on the Delaware AG's website.
    I’ve been checking every day. My guess is that it is something that seemed important to the AG last year but has probably taken a back seat to other issues this year. Hopefully he’s just decided to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782 View Post
    The way I interpret it, is for your Utah permit to be valid, you would have to actually live in utah, or at least have a utah residence.
    What is your thinking there? It says "Persons who have a concealed deadly weapons license or permit issued by one of the states listed above will be able to lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while visiting or traveling through Delaware. However, such persons will be subject to and are responsible for knowing and obeying all of Delaware’s laws and regulations that apply to the carrying and possession of concealed or openly-carried deadly weapons."

My Utah license was issued by the state of Utah so should be good.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Glad to see my recently renewed FL non res is still good to go. Thanks to the member who alerted us of these changes and to the ones who made calls and sent emails.
    Where did you go to get your fingerprints done for the Florida permit?

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Where did you go to get your fingerprints done for the Florida permit?
    The new PSP barracks on rout 209 headed towards carbon county did them free of charge. I just stoped in and asked the lady at the desk.

(Erie County)

Under § 1441 License to carry concealed deadly weapons.

(j) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Code to the contrary, the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware.
    http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/...ml#P1262_94811

While the AG website does not explicitly state that only a resident permit is honored, what is bolded red in the quote is interpreted by the AG for that decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

They updated it yesterday. All looks good. The only changes I see are they added a section about who is prohibited. They also added Kansas to list of states that they now recognize.

any person previously convicted of any felony
    any person previously convicted of any misdemeanor involving physical injury to another or domestic violence, unless more than 5 years has elapsed from the date of the conviction
    any person previously convicted of any crime involving the unlawful use, possession or sale of any illegal drug
    any person who has not yet reached his or her 25th birthday who has been previously convicted as a juvenile of a crime which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a felony
    any person who is subject to a Protection From Abuse Order issued by a competent court
    any person who has previously been committed to a hospital or mental institution for treatment for a mental disorder
    Possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited from doing so is a felony in Delaware.

Delaware’s Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Prohibited Person statute is available here.

Superior Court of the State of Delaware CCDW Application.

Delaware law also prohibits the possession of silencers, sawed-off shotguns and machine guns under all circumstances.

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov...-weapons-ccdw/
    Last edited by internet troll; February 17th, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast