Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    So what... Delaware doesn't like Pennsylvania?

Why they fucking us?
    We treat people from most other states the same way.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

I live close enough to Delaware I can piss on it. If this bullshit is for real, it's time to reclaim the dump as part of PA. Originally, it was part of PA and known as the lower counties, hanging off the rest of PA like a limp dick.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Montgomery County)

So this will effectively increase open carry in DE? Which we all know the antis hate even more... but it will deter a greater number of people from carrying at all. Damn.

(Carbon County)

Don't have time to cite, or link right now, but I just saw on the MD Shooters forum that the offending portion of this has been removed from the DE AG website. So, for now at least, this looks like it's not happening.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Nothing on thus page on the AG site

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml
    As others have already posted, and based on my understanding of the English language, as I read it (as of 2017-02-16, 09:28):

If you are a DE resident, you can not legally carry in DE on a non-resident permit issued by another state - even if DE honors that permit. It makes no mention of non-DE residents carrying on a non-resident permit issued by a state that the person is not a resident of, yet a state that DE recognizes (ie: a PA resident carrying with a UT permit).

National reciprocity will be a beautiful thing.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    Don't have time to cite, or link right now, but I just saw on the MD Shooters forum that the offending portion of this has been removed from the DE AG website. So, for now at least, this looks like it's not happening.
    see post #20 in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    As others have already posted, and based on my understanding of the English language, as I read it (as of 2017-02-16, 09:28):

If you are a DE resident, you can not legally carry in DE on a non-resident permit issued by another state - even if DE honors that permit. It makes no mention of non-DE residents carrying on a non-resident permit issued by a state that the person is not a resident of, yet a state that DE recognizes (ie: a PA resident carrying with a UT permit).

National reciprocity will be a beautiful thing.
    That's been the case for as long as I've been following such stuff (a little over 11 years). The page in question, for a time yesterday, had a sentence that alluded to no non resident licenses at all would be honored, since a DE resident never could anyway, I and a few others, took that to mean non DE residents that had a reciprocal non resident license would no longer be able to carry concealed in DE, for example, my Utah license would no longer be accepted because I don't live in Utah. All the discussion here, and many other places in cycberland, was due to the one line that has since been removed.

I too would like to see national reciprocity become a reality, but only if the feds keep the issuance of a license at the state level similar to how driver licenses are handled.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    The page has been changed in the last couple of hours per post 20 by Soberbyker. Hopefully for good.
    I noted the change as well. Unsurprisingly, I received no response thus far from the DE AG's office. I did ask a friend who is in DE law enforcement to look into this for me. I'll report back if he has any new information.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    see post #20 in this thread
    Sorry, was in a bit of a hurry this morning and wanted to get the info in here. So it got your post with the relevant info bumped up.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    So this will effectively increase open carry in DE? Which we all know the antis hate even more... but it will deter a greater number of people from carrying at all. Damn.
    I believe Delaware has very liberal open carry laws---with the exception of state parks and Dover. Here's the FAQ page for open carry in DE if this AG somehow passes this BS:

http://www.deloc.org/faq.php
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

And they updated the page again with an apology for the misleading statements yesterday. My original post has what they said yesterday that brought about the initial confusion. First the changes.

A Delaware resident must have a valid Delaware permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon. A Delaware resident is one who carries or is required to have a Delaware driver’s license and/or is registered to vote in Delaware. If you have any questions concerning residency or the application process, please contact the Attorney General’s Office at (302) 577-8600.

For non-Delaware residents who wish to carry a concealed weapon in Delaware, pursuant to Delaware Code Title 11 Section 1441, the Attorney General has the responsibility to enforce the following: “The State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware and publish a list of reciprocal states annually on January 15.”

For the period January 15, 2017 to January 14, 2018, Delaware will recognize the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by states listed below:

ALASKA
    ARIZONA
    ARKANSAS
    COLORADO
    FLORIDA
    IDAHO
    (Enhanced Permits Only)

KENTUCKY
    MAINE
    MICHIGAN
    MISSOURI
    NEW MEXICO
    NORTH CAROLINA
    NORTH DAKOTA
    (Class 1 permits only)

OHIO
    OKLAHOMA
    SOUTH DAKOTA
    (Enhanced Permits Only)
    TENNESSEE
    TEXAS
    UTAH
    WEST VIRGINIA

The list of states with reciprocal privileges is published on January 15 each year. Any additional reciprocal states would be posted on January 15 and be effective immediately. The removal of reciprocal privileges from any state would be posted by January 15 to take effect one year later. The Department of Justice is currently reviewing a number of other states’ CCDW approval procedures to ensure that they meet the requirements of Delaware Code for those states’ permits to be recognized in Delaware. To the extent that any states are deemed to no longer meet the requirements of Delaware law, that will be noted on January 15, 2018 and the change in reciprocal recognition (if there is any) will occur on January 15, 2019. [The Department apologizes for misleading language with respect to this process that was posted from Feb. 10-15, 2017.]

Persons who have a concealed deadly weapons license or permit issued by one of the states listed above will be able to lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while visiting or traveling through Delaware. However, such persons will be subject to and are responsible for knowing and obeying all of Delaware's laws and regulations that apply to the carrying and possession of concealed or openly-carried deadly weapons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And what the entire page says as of 3:55 on 2/15/2017 just for the record

A Delaware resident must have a valid Delaware permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon. A Delaware resident is one who carries or is required to have a Delaware driver’s license and/or is registered to vote in Delaware. If you have any questions concerning residency or the application process, please contact the Attorney General’s Office at (302) 577-8600.

For non-Delaware residents who wish to carry a concealed weapon in Delaware, pursuant to Delaware Code Title 11 Section 1441, the Attorney General has the responsibility to enforce the following: “The State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware and publish a list of reciprocal states annually on January 15.”

For the period January 15, 2017 to January 14, 2018, Delaware will recognize the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by states listed below:

ALASKA
    ARIZONA
    ARKANSAS
    COLORADO
    FLORIDA
    IDAHO
    (Enhanced Permits Only)

KENTUCKY
    MAINE
    MICHIGAN
    MISSOURI
    NEW MEXICO
    NORTH CAROLINA
    NORTH DAKOTA
    (Class 1 permits only)

OHIO
    OKLAHOMA
    SOUTH DAKOTA
    (Enhanced Permits Only)
    TENNESSEE
    TEXAS
    UTAH
    WEST VIRGINIA

The list of states with reciprocal privileges is published on January 15 each year. Any additional reciprocal states would be posted on January 15 and be effective immediately. The removal of reciprocal privileges from any state would be posted by January 15 to take effect one year later. The Department of Justice is currently reviewing a number of other states’ CCDW approval procedures to ensure that they meet the requirements of Delaware Code for those states’ permits to be recognized in Delaware. To the extent that any states are deemed to no longer meet the requirements of Delaware law, that will be noted on January 15, 2018 and the change in reciprocal recognition (if there is any) will occur on January 15, 2019. [The Department apologizes for misleading language with respect to this process that was posted from Feb. 10-15, 2017.]

Persons who have a concealed deadly weapons license or permit issued by one of the states listed above will be able to lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while visiting or traveling through Delaware. However, such persons will be subject to and are responsible for knowing and obeying all of Delaware's laws and regulations that apply to the carrying and possession of concealed or openly-carried deadly weapons.

Law enforcement officials from other jurisdictions can verify Delaware CCDW permits by contacting the Delaware State Police Headquarters on a 24/7 basis via NLET.AM directed to DEDSP0000 or by calling 302-659-2341.

Please see the Delaware Code for information on licensing to carry a concealed deadly weapon in Delaware

Because of differences in the laws of the various states, it is possible that a person who is lawfully permitted to possess a deadly weapon in another state may be prohibited from doing so pursuant to Delaware law. The following persons are prohibited from possessing deadly weapons or ammunition in Delaware:

any person previously convicted of any felony
    any person previously convicted of any misdemeanor involving physical injury to another or domestic violence, unless more than 5 years has elapsed from the date of the conviction
    any person previously convicted of any crime involving the unlawful use, possession or sale of any illegal drug
    any person who has not yet reached his or her 25th birthday who has been previously convicted as a juvenile of a crime which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a felony
    any person who is subject to a Protection From Abuse Order issued by a competent court
    any person who has previously been committed to a hospital or mental institution for treatment for a mental disorder
    Possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited from doing so is a felony in Delaware.

Delaware's Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Prohibited Person statute is available here.

Delaware law also prohibits the possession of silencers, sawed-off shotguns and machine guns under all circumstances.

Delawareans who have a Delaware concealed deadly weapons permit will be able to possess a concealed deadly weapon while visiting or traveling through the states listed above, and also in Idaho, Indiana and Vermont. However, Delawareans who possess a concealed deadly weapon in another state will be subject to and are responsible for knowing and obeying all of the laws and regulations in the other state that apply to the carrying and possession of concealed or openly-carried deadly weapons. Because of differences in the laws of the various states, it is possible that a person who is lawfully permitted to possess a deadly weapon pursuant to Delaware law may be prohibited from doing so in another state. Most other states require any person who is carrying a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to a license or permit to also be in possession of the license or permit.
    Last edited by internet troll; February 16th, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast