Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    This is what I'm seeing, reciprocal state resident licenses good, reciprocal non resident licenses no good, but I would add the effective date of Sept. 23, 2017 for the changes.

I'm due to renew my Utah next year, only acquired it for Delaware reciprocity, but still may keep it, it's only $15 to renew.

Good eye...... hopefully gone for good.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware reciprocity. This is something people going into Delaware need to be aw

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA1 View Post
    I was following what happened in PA (as someone who carried on a resident VA license in PA, i had an interest). The situation in Delaware is a bit different however, as the Delaware statute, 1441(j) expressly requires that:

" the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware."

Here, the statue requires that "all" the license issues to the citizens of other states be given full faith and credit. This is a simple matter of straightforward statutory construction. As a lawyer, I construct statutes every day, and this is the only way to logically read it.
    Looks like you may be right about the law prohibiting the change, (still think PA's does too, but ...)

INTERESTING .... I just went to the page linked in the OP again and the line

is missing now??? I guess they were getting too many inquiries about it and removed it. Hopefully it was a mistake and is gone for good.

(Bucks County)

INTERESTING .... I just went to the page linked in the OP again and the line

is missing now??? I guess they were getting too many inquiries about it and removed it. Hopefully it was a mistake and is gone for good.

I noticed that also just before I came into this thread. I thought maybe i was seeing a page without changes made yet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I noticed that also just before I came into this thread. I thought maybe i was seeing a page without changes made yet.
    I clearly saw it before, it was directly after the list of reciprocal states, went back a few hours later and it was gone. People here, and on the facebook version of here, were apparently calling and emailing the DE AG about the change, maybe the AG took it down to take another look at the legality, as pointed out there may be a legal issue about whether or not the AG had that power.

I believe the AG's office may have been barraged with phone calls this afternoon. I called as well and the gentleman who answered the phone (Robert) basically told me tough cookies and that after September 23, PA residents will have no way of legally concealed carrying in the state of Delaware. I sure hope that this web update was an error or poor wording on their behalf and has therefore been rescinded.

(Bucks County)

Nothing on thus page on the AG site

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Nothing on thus page on the AG site

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml
    The page has been changed in the last couple of hours per post 20 by Soberbyker. Hopefully for good.

(Philadelphia County)

So what... Delaware doesn't like Pennsylvania?

Why they fucking us?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    So what... Delaware doesn't like Pennsylvania?

Why they fucking us?
    Maybe because we as a state put Trump over the top in the election??

I agree that the AG has altered its website and it seems that the offending portion has been taken down. Hopefully, upon further review, the AG has concluded that the statute ( section 1441(j) ) does not give him the authority to distinguish between residents and non-residents of reciprocal states. Again, after reviewing the statute, I do not see how a court can conclude otherwise. I have 15 years as a lawyer interpreting statutes every day and this seems pretty clear to me.

Let's be vigilant. If the AG decides to move ahead, a motion for declaratory judgment in the Court of Common Please is the way to go. I was already planning the way ahead here but I am hoping it will not be necessary now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast